I met a Kerry Blue Terrier yesterday!

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I was at FOHA yesterday, where I usually am on Sundays and these two guys arrive with their Kerry Blue Terrier to look for a friend! He was about the size of a standard schnauzer, and his hair kinda felt like a poodle's hair, only a little bit coarser (He was all shaggy 'cause they let him grow out for the winter). His hair was black with a silvery-blue highlight to it. He was a happy, spunky little dog who just soaked up the attention from all of us! He had a very nice temperament. His people said that they get asked all the time if he's a labradoodle:p.

I've never met a Kerry Blue before, I'm happy I finally got to meet one! :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Wow, they come in "nice"??

Most of the KBT's I've met have DA issues and are fairly unpredictable and jerky with people.

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
MANY Terriers aren't reknowned for getting along with others...esp of the same sex. Kerry's are lovely dogs, I've liked the odd one I've gotten to meet...a nice male Kerry like Mick is something to see. They positively ooze confidence. A lot of dog!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
This is true, but most other terrier breeds I know, even Airedales, I've met enough that were just fine around other dogs, at least enough for me to say "DA is a breed trait, but you can find laidback ones". I have yet to find a KBT who would allow me to make that statement.

Then again, this is why I don't 'do' terriers. :)

milos_mommy

MANY Terriers aren't reknowned for getting along with others...esp of the same sex. Kerry's are lovely dogs, I've liked the odd one I've gotten to meet...a nice male Kerry like Mick is something to see. They positively ooze confidence. A lot of dog!
Oh god. Mick. He was an AMAZING dog.

he turned me onto the breed, i still like them.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
This Kerry Blue (his name was Guinness) was the anti-DA. He was romping and playing with an intact male chessie, which his owners put an application for adoption on :D.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I know a really nice Kerri too . . . Guinness . . . I don't think its the same one, but it might be. But the one I know belongs to a woman. Great little dog, comes to our park all the time.

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
Confident Group, the Terriers...forward going and bold...up for a romp or a scrap and they tend to give both their all, once they decide which to do!...LOL.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I know a really nice Kerri too . . . Guinness . . . I don't think its the same one, but it might be. But the one I know belongs to a woman. Great little dog, comes to our park all the time.
Hmm it was two guys who brought Guinness to FOHA, but it could be same dog, how many Kerry Blues are there in VA anyway?:p

Members online

No members online now.