Boone on a new food.

Tinaweena

So I went and did some looking around a few weeks ago for a new food, to give Boone some variety.
I got him a small bag of "First Mate Lamb and Rice" A small Canadian based food maker.
So he's been eating it, and loves it, and no longer sheds.
It's incredible. I used to end up with tumbleweed in my house, a sweep through had me filling a grocery bag with hair.
The past week or two tho, I've been noticing that when I sweep, there's the odd dog hair, but not much.
In the car, my black seats aren't completely covered anymore.

I know it's not one of the recommended "Superiour" foods.....but it seems to really work for Boone. His coat is softer, shinier, and stays where it should...on him!
We'll keep him on it for a while and see how things go.

Herschel

There are definitely better foods out there, but if it works...it works!

Ingredients:

Lamb meal, brown rice, pearled barley, ground yellow corn, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), beet pulp, fish oil, potassium chloride salt, choline chloride sorbic acid (to retard mold growth). Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pyridoxine, Vitamin B12, D-Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, D-Biotin, Iron, Zinc, Manganese, Copper, Iodine, Cobalt, Selenium, glucanase, protease, amylase, cellulase, (Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract), Glucosamine, MSM.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Yay for foods that work! I don't want to think about how my carpets would look if I still fed Iams or such to Sawyer instead of the Innova...he still sheds some, but not tremendously.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
That's a typical example for not every food being ideal for every dog. One reason why I adamantly refuse to post any kind of "top 10 foods" list or a similar ranking on my site. :)

Mordy

Quigleyfied
From what herschel posted, it looks nice. I'm not familiar with the details of the brand though. The only thing I don't like about it is the vitamin K supplement - menadione.

Tinaweena

Mordy said:
From what herschel posted, it looks nice. I'm not familiar with the details of the brand though. The only thing I don't like about it is the vitamin K supplement - menadione.
Ok great....so it's basically mordy approved!! I think we'll keep him on it for a while!!

B

Bobsk8

Mordy said:
That's a typical example for not every food being ideal for every dog. One reason why I adamantly refuse to post any kind of "top 10 foods" list or a similar ranking on my site. :)
Which is the same as the arguement about which is better , steak or lobster. Obviously anyone with any brains knows that lobster is much better than steak... ;)

Members online

No members online now.