Louisville Cluster/Trial

iriskai

Anyone going? For what?? Next weekend!!

I'll be there all four days because my parents live nearby. Hoping to swing by agility, my trainer and a couple friends are running. :) Another friend is doing her first Rally.. Trial? Class? What's a rally competition called?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Agility all four days here too! Payton runs all four days, Auggie runs three, Georgie just two. I'll swing by the confo rings just to take a peek and THE SHOPPING of course, but mostly we'll just hang out in the agility rings. I've got P in open, Georgie in open JWW and novice STD, and Auggie in masters. So I'll be juggling rings all day long I think!

Oh God I think I'm going to pass out LOL.

iriskai

Mimi's doing Conformation all four days, Ezra just Sunday. :) I decided to skip out on agility for this one.. I figured I should probably start at a smaller trial for our first venture!

MicksMom

Thanks! It always throws me off when I hear someone call an agility trail a 'show', so I'm never quite sure what's correct!
It threw me at first, too. A lot of people around here refer to trials as shows, even those competing, so I've gotten used to it.

Good luck!

iriskai

Times are posted!

8am Thursday and Saturday, 10am Friday and 10:30 on Sunday. Not terrible. Better than ALL 8am times.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Mimi's doing Conformation all four days, Ezra just Sunday. :) I decided to skip out on agility for this one.. I figured I should probably start at a smaller trial for our first venture!
Definitely a good idea. I skipped last years so I don't know if they changed it, but every year I've gone, the dividers between rings are just orange snow fencing. All three rings are usually going at the same time with nothing between them but snow fencing, and often dogs are running nearly on top of each other in neighboring rings. It's loud, it's busy, it's crazy. It's not really a place to dump a novice dog LOL.

Bring the dogs over and have them in the area though with all the loud and the people running around like crazy and let them get used to it though. Baby Payton came with me the last time I went with Auggie specifically so he could be in the area and acclimate to the craziness. It's really a venue unlike anything else for "just a trial" so it's worth bringing them over to hang out and adapt.

Members online