Need Advice

jp1004

Hi everyone!

A while back I had a dog walker problem. I found out that the walker, also the owner, was actually not walking my dog. So I took several actions and finally posting to craigslist in Chicago hit a nerve with the boyfriend of the walker, who happens to be a friend of my boyfriend. The dog walking company advertises at craigslist and he did not want my post to hurt the business. He is asking me not to post anymore and offered a refund in full. I told him I will only accept a formal apology personally from the dog walker. Even then, I think it's the right thing to let people know what kind of service or no service this company provides. Any suggestions? Thank you!

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
Oh my god i would kill her!!LOL LOL no not really i would be very mad at her!! :mad:
Anyway hope you got ya own back on her!!lol
if it was me i will set the dog on her!!lol lol
Anyway talk to ya soon!!!!!! :D

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
I think people should know how they run their business. If they did that to you, then they will Do it to someone else. I would definately let people know about them.

Not just a formal apology: a WRITTEN apology along with the refund. That way you've got something to back you up should she ever decide to try to lie her way out of it.

bogolove

I agree. Any legitimate business would give you a written apology. And a refund for services not performed.

jp1004

no written apology...

I did not ask for a written apology at our initial meeting, but I think now it's necessary! But he is refusing to give me a written letter. It will be ammunition to kill their business. He told me he will hand me a list of their clients if this happens again in the future. This was his offer in exchange for a written apology. But how and why should I trust him to keep his word? He doesn't trust me with anything in writing.

Stick to your guns. You were cheated and lied to. Point out to him that you were dealt with dishonestly and have every reason to distrust and no rational reason to have any confidence in anything you are told by either him or the girlfriend. Remember, you haven't cheated anyone - or, I might add, obtained money under false pretenses, felonious in many jurisdictions.

Members online

No members online now.