Switching from Innova adult to EVO...

Fran27

I'm almost decided to switch the dogs from Innova adult to Innova EVO. I know the bags are more expensive, but do you end up feeding less of it than the regular Innova? I can't find the feeding requirements anywhere :(

Also, is it ok if I just switch suddenly?

Dekka

Just try me..
I fed innova for a year (and really really liked it), yes my dogs eat a fair bet less on Evo. (and I like it even more)

Personally I switch mine back and forth between grain free kibble, with no issues, but they are used to switching around, and getting raw. If yours has been on the same food for a while I would be at least a bit gradual about it.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Chloe doesnt eat any less than she did with regular Innova, but I believe thats not the norm...:)

She ate 4 cups of regular Innova, and she eats 3 with EVO

ETA: What I meant to say was that Chloe does eat a little less than she did of regular Innova, but it's still more than the recommended amount...

Last edited:

sam

I would go gradually and err on the side of underfeeding to start with. The higher fat content can cause the yucky-d.
Did you check the company website for feeding amounts? I'm 99.99% sure it's www.naturapet.com it's a pretty useful site actually.
Some dogs tend to eat quite a bit less. I have dogs who need a similar amount of food when they eat grainless kibble- it's as if they are humans on the Atkins or South beach diet :p - carbs fatten them up more than anything. They tend to be quite lean on grainfree, lower carb food.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Since natura changed their website the feeding wizard isnt on there anymore, but it says on there that it will be back soon...

Whenever I do a switch with my two I do it cold turkey, but mine are very used to sudden switches and handle it fine. Like mentioned above, if yours isnt then the switch should be gradual...

Members online

No members online now.