Getting spayed tomorrow

MaxMason

My Ginger Bread Cookie
Well know this is done all the time, but still can't help but worry about her. They were going to keep her overnight, but they said if I get her there first thing in the morning then she can come home. Which I personally think would be better, cause I wouldn't think she would be comfortable in a strange place. And man has the prices went up since I had Max done, $143 for the surgery and bloodwork, was $123 when I had him done. Of course lol that was 5 years ago too, oh well just a $20 difference and are definately cheaper than puppies :p

Saje

Island dweller
Oh good luck! Mikey's being done today and I know how you feel. It is worrisome even though it's a common procedure. I can't wait to go and pick them up. (Niblet too)

I'm sure everything will be fine

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm glad to hear you can bring her home the same day. When I lived in New York, the vet let me do that. Here in Connecticut all the vets keep the dogs (male & female) overnight. She will be so happy to see you but very tired. Talk to us on the board if you need to occupy some time while you wait.

MaxMason

My Ginger Bread Cookie
Renee750il said:
Let us know how you're doing! I'm sure your creatures are fine, lol, it's you guys I'm worried about . . . ;)
lol good point, always have to worry about us owners our pets prolly even think we are strange.

candy722

yeah in California they also have to stay over night. Maybe not all places but a few that I know.

chell78

we only keep them overnight if they are not awake when its pick up time but its vary rare they gotta stay.

avenlee

No worries! I'm sure everything will go well. Nora's procedure cost me around at least 170.00 geesh can't remember now. She was 9 months old and already had been in heat so the procedure was a little more difficult. At least that's what my vet told me :rolleyes: Anyway, she did fine, as I'm sure yours will too !

Let us know

MaxMason

My Ginger Bread Cookie
Well everything went good, she's still pretty out of it and sleeping right now. Vet told me not to let her drink much, or eat much tonight, which she isn't eating anything atm anyway. I kinda figure she won't eat very much tonight, kinda wierd lol never seen her this quite.

You know vets to me charge way to much to have this done, I mean they always encourage peeps to have their pets spayed or neutered, but to me more people would be willing to do it if prices weren't so high. Oh well the main thing is she and I won't have to worry about puppies, cause 140 bucks is nothing compared to what puppies would costs lol

In a lot of towns you can catch spay and neuter clinics that vets will set up to offer reduced cost services to encourage people who might not otherwise be able to afford it. They're usually done with some kind of cooperative effort by a local animal charity or rescue. But, as you've said, it's cheap compared to puppies - and a darned good bargain in peace of mind!

Members online

No members online now.