High Speed Jumping

Vega

Rottweiler
So were going futher up the mountains since I live on the foot of the mountains to have another camping adventure. As were traveling, my girlfriend slams on the breaks as a squirrel dashes across the road to the other side. While slowing down at around 16-25 mph, Cordelia decides to jump out the window and take down the squirrel. Yea-well lets just say it looks like hurt, she kinda went side ways upon impact. I was thinking to myself, "oh crap she is going to have a broken bone." Well no, she gets up and is about to take off into the wilderness to go after the squirrel. However I blow my doggie whistle and she comes to me. Now I'm wondering, can a dog calculate whether it would be safe to jump out of the car when you are traveling 16-25 mph?

After this, I'm going to buy a doggie seat belt.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
:eek: I think the dog just wanted the squirrel and had no idea about a safe speed. My dad had a dog one time that jumped out of the bed of a truck while on the highway. It lived but was pretty messed up in the head afterward. You're lucky that didn't happen. Yes, go buy the doggie seatbelt!

One question: You obviously own a Rottie mix, so why do you have those stats in your signature that state how "vicious" these dogs can be. Is it a machismo thing or what? I'm confused.

Vega

Rottweiler
Zoom said:
One question: You obviously own a Rottie mix, so why do you have those stats in your signature that state how "vicious" these dogs can be. Is it a machismo thing or what? I'm confused.
Interesting speculation. However, it's there as a reminder to owners of these specific breeds of canines to be responsible. These dogs and much like others have a greater potential of dealing more devastating damage.

Members online

No members online now.