Finally. (Milo's almost 2 - pics)

milos_mommy

Finally, finally, finally. Finally, i can safely say that Milo is making progress. He got into this "stage" at about 8 months. It lasted up until only a few months ago. He'll be two years old in two days :yikes:

He's maturing. He's becoming a well behaved, civil family pet. He's not running around like a loon for hours barking at the walls, licking my floors obsessively, whining for attention nonstop. He's listening. He's a little (tiny bit) calmer. He's actually lying down and talking naps when he needs a rest without being shut in his crate and the entire house tiptoing and whispering.

The other day my mom had some friends over. We had these very low tv tables with snacks on them, strange people, the tv on, people going in and out. Milo only let his nose wander towards the doritios once, and i didn't even have to raise my voice to get him to turn away. He didn't jump. He didn't climb all over everyone's laps and lick their faces and chew their clothes. He sat/lied down/calm/stayed/went out of the kitchen when i told him to.

We haven't been out in a while, but i'm confident he'd do well. I'm both proud and relieved. It was NOT easy dealing with a dog with so many "issues".

I started writing this just as brag, before i realized how close it is to his birthday. But now i'm practically in tears because i'm thinking about how much this little dog has changed my life. He has taught me unconditional love, patience, responsibility. He makes me laugh so much every day. His intelligence amazes me. It melts my heart when he looks at me with so much love.

Four days after i bought him home on memorial day 2006, he was snuggled up on my bed when i swallowed 60 tranquilizers, kissed his head, promised him my mom would take good care of him, and curled up preparing to die. I didn't think i was ever going to feel happiness, or any kind of emotion, ever again. And sometimes i wonder if i'd have gotten through it if it wasn't for Milo. Because when i wasn't getting out of bed to take care of myself, i had to get up to take care of him. And it was worth it.

I love you, Milo. Miley Miles Mo-Mo Mister Meister Squirtle Shrimpy Piglet Wormy Curly Noodle Scruff Muffin Waggy. Here's to two of the best years i have ever had, and many more. More summers spent swimming in the pool and drying off in the sun. Frisbee and hiking. More winters spent freezing my butt off in 20 layers of clothes because you want to go for a walk. Curling up watching movies.

a few days at home, 4 months:

with the gang (Benji - wheaten puppy, Cody - Eskie)

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
awww he is so pretty.
I am so glad he changed your life, dogs have a tendacy to do that. :)
Good luck with him in the future and i'm glad he's gotten over his "issues". :D

Members online

No members online now.