Can someone guess what this dog is mixed with.

Hey Honey is six months and a shelter pup. And my husband and I will spend hours talking about what her dad may have been. We know her mom was a lab, but her dad is a mystery. The shelter thought Husky, we thought hound and now German Shepherd. She is 42 pounds already, very good with kids and other animals, likes to do her "mean" bark when strangers pass the house, and is very laid back. She loves the water and could care less about thunder and lightning. If anybody has any ideas let me know please!: I am going to see if this "insert image works"

noludoru

Bored Now.
I'd put money on her having some Doberman in there somewhere. I can see it in her face. Probably not a lot, though.

Otherwise some sort of shepherd. maybe not German Shepherd...

Charliesmommy

I run with scissors
Well, according to the local shelter in my town, apparently ALL dogs are beagles. So I'm going with Beagle. :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My first thougth (without reading) was hound x german shepherd. Maybe just lab/german shepherd.

Well, according to the local shelter in my town, apparently ALL dogs are beagles. So I'm going with Beagle. :)

LMAO! :lol-sign: When I adopted her form P.A.W.S. they were at PetSmart and the lady there said she was mixed with something small. "Probally Beagle" but when I when I met them again they said Husky. Anybody see that? I really don't. She has a thick under coat of soft light brown and the coat you can see is wiry/puppy soft, but I would think it would be longer with some white somwhere if she were any Husky.

I see markings that are on one of my GSDs so definatly GSD somewhere. She kind of reminds me of my old lab but only becaue the floppy ears and muzzle shape. The eyes don't seem right for either breeds.

I think I like Laurelin's Hound x GSD idea the best.

Sush

I think she looks lab/GSD...the GSD is where you'll find that thicker coat, I dont see any husky. Both of her parents were probably petite for their breed...the dad probably wasn't pure GSD but I dont see much else in her.

ron

southern fried mush
To give you a comparison, my dog is a Siberian Husky/Lab. And I've seen another dog like mine to describe it as a quasi-standard look for such a mix. Yours is more likely GSD/Lab, partially because of the mask in your dog's face.

I can't seem to upload attachments in this section.
But that's Shadow's pic in the avatar.

Members online

No members online now.