The Venting Thread

Taqroy

And not a vent, more like a worry, but...

Mike will be speaking with a recruiter in the next two or three weeks. I just...want it to work out. Whether that means he is accepted and gets the job he wants or isn't accepted, I want the best possible outcome for everyone involved, whatever that may be. Almost as important, I want closure. I need to know if he's enlisting or not, and if he is, when. Not knowing how to plan for our future is very annoying.

So...vibes!
I shall send you vibes, but when my brother enlisted it was a couple months before he found out what job he got and then a couple more months to actually get the job. And then a couple more months before he left. This was Air Force, but I think the process is similar in all the branches.

Lyzelle

*blackrose; said:
And not a vent, more like a worry, but...

Mike will be speaking with a recruiter in the next two or three weeks. I just...want it to work out. Whether that means he is accepted and gets the job he wants or isn't accepted, I want the best possible outcome for everyone involved, whatever that may be. Almost as important, I want closure. I need to know if he's enlisting or not, and if he is, when. Not knowing how to plan for our future is very annoying.

So...vibes!
I shall send you vibes, but when my brother enlisted it was a couple months before he found out what job he got and then a couple more months to actually get the job. And then a couple more months before he left. This was Air Force, but I think the process is similar in all the branches.
Yep, this. They can promise anything they want up front, but they still need to take their tests, get the results back, choose a "dream sheet" of jobs they qualify for, then they have to hear back about whatever job they actually get. And then they leave. It does happen over the course of several months, up to a year. And then they don't even know their duty station until a week before they leave tech school, and they don't know their tech school location until a week before BMT ends. We are AF, too.

Giving vibes, though! It's a hectic and stressing process when you don't know what is going on. More so when you want to plan EVERYTHING...like me. And you just can't. :(

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Heading to work to withdraw any volunteer work I do to help work make money until the legaloties of the place are figured out. I'll be contacting Dominion (big main people) tonight, and the labour board on Monday if legalities are not worked out Saturday.

Sick of the bullshit.

Lyzelle

I ordered a travel case, thinking I could totally fit all our toiletries and my makeup in just the case. Well, I CAN fit a LOT in the cases. But not everything.

Boo.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Yep, this. They can promise anything they want up front, but they still need to take their tests, get the results back, choose a "dream sheet" of jobs they qualify for, then they have to hear back about whatever job they actually get. And then they leave. It does happen over the course of several months, up to a year. And then they don't even know their duty station until a week before they leave tech school, and they don't know their tech school location until a week before BMT ends. We are AF, too.

Giving vibes, though! It's a hectic and stressing process when you don't know what is going on. More so when you want to plan EVERYTHING...like me. And you just can't. :(
The AF is the only branch I've heard of it taking this long. I've heard it happening in the Army but its been very rare compared to the AF. Marines are like "ok and your off! Go go go!" lol.

Nonetheless, good luck to your boyfriend and you, blackrose :)

Airn

My friend just told me she tried to commit suicide last week.

Apparently she was in the hospital due to an overdose for a couple of days and then admitted to a mental ward until Sunday night.

This is the second time in a month she's hurt herself or tried to.

Chris and I have decided to get an apartment/duplex and have her move in with us. I can't leave her in her current environment. (I love that he's so supportive.)

Grab

Goose and Nog decided to scuffle over some sort of random perceived nibble (it wasn't even actually food). All noise, not a bit of slobber on either. But they're grounded to their crates for the evening for their douchey behavior.

Romy

Taxiderpy
I just ran across a newspaper article that described in gory detail how my cousin was murdered. It was like watching a train wreck, like I wanted to just close it so bad but couldn't walk away. And now I feel like crying and throwing up.

Even now, I just can't comprehend it. Why someone would do that to a total stranger. It doesn't make sense. It never will. I wish people would stop hurting each other.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Pretty sure Im dying. For 2-ish days I've been coughing but today its so much worse. I know Im getting rid of all that icky nasty stuff in my chest but seriously I should not be coughing so hard I cry or feel the urge to puke. Its bad enough I got quarter size nastyness coming out of my throat, I don't need the other bs as well!
Hopefully this means the end of this cold is near and I can be normal again.

Lyzelle

This cold has moved into my throat and chest now. Still have a sinus infection on top of all of it. I fell so crappy and tired from the meds, and I SHOULD be resting, but there's no time for that!

I have to sort moving stuff and packing stuff, start cleaning, do ALL the laundry since they are taking our machines tomorrow. At some point I have to get the car serviced for our road trip. Moving people come tomorrow, so I have to direct traffic and make sure the don't take things they aren't supposed to. I'm wondering how I'm going to go a week without being able to do laundry. Monday is a cluster of goodies...vet appt., carpet cleaning, more outprocessing stuff.

One week out, and I just want it DONE and OVER WITH. I also DO NOT want to entertain people on Saturday. No time for that either.

Members online