Upgrades?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Awesome. So glad something was able to be done to try to curb some of the spam. The less spam the more time the mods have all around.

SO glad I'm not alone! I hate those things and end up refreshing them like 10 times.

Also if you havent try playing the sound on it.....CREEPY

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Do we need to verify every post?

Omg..., on my 3rd attempt to post this now lol

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Testing.

Yes. You do!!

Ooh you just can't win lol, spam or captcha... Swings and roundabouts lol

The tinypic one is really good and easy, normal words in readable fonts!

Must be a huge relief modbods, start posting now. If you can decipher how to lol

Saeleofu

Ack. I hate, hate, HATE CAPTCHA. I have to refresh several times and then still mess it up most of the time. Between that and no quick reply box, I probably won't be posting much anymore. It'll have to be something really, REALLY worth posting now :/

SO glad I'm not alone! I hate those things and end up refreshing them like 10 times.

Also if you havent try playing the sound on it.....CREEPY
Omgosh, what the hey IS that? It didn't sound remotely like the *word*. Sounded like H.A.L. on speed.

Added: But you don't have to CAPTCHA when you edit, *phew*!

ACooper

It would be cool to have a "more than __ posts" and the captcha goes away. Of course that may be too tricky.

I see the video now. :)
That's what I said/think too! Even something like 25 posts under your belt should show if you're a spammer or not, LOL

I have no idea how hard that would be to set up...........or if it's even possible with the current software.

Bright side? At least they are trying to do something.......we are back on the radar right? WOOHOO! :D

Taqroy

Bright side? At least they are trying to do something.......we are back on the radar right? WOOHOO! :D
SERIOUSLY! The captchas super annoying but at least someone is paying attention to us! I can live with having to refresh the stupid thing three or four times.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Thankfully I use tapatalk and don't have to use captchas AND I still have a quick reply button. YAY for tapa!

Also, let me be the odd one and say I love captchas :D

ACooper

Dak, you don't have to tell US you are the odd one! :rofl1:
<3 <3 <3

(totally worth filling out the recaptcha to say that, LMFAO!)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
So glad that I am not alone. I will be doing a lot more lurking and a lot less posting until this goes away.

Seriously?? There are numbers in this one!! 490-3(8?)750 Trf(r?)orm(rrn?) Oi vei!!

This one has to be a joke:
Same here & I am on a tiny cell phone screen so I have to keep scrolling up to see if I have the ****ing thing right, no I like to post a. Lot. & I don't think this CAPTCHA thingy is gonna do it for me either.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Same here & I am on a tiny cell phone screen so I have to keep scrolling up to see if I have the ****ing thing right, no I like to post a. Lot. & I don't think this CAPTCHA thingy is gonna do it for me either.
I'm posting this on a phone. Its not that difficult... not once did I scroll up to check if its right after typing it.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I usually get it right by the second try. Beats an hour in the morning and not even wanting to come on because you know there is going to be a ton of spam and not even feeling like looking at the forum after that.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
MAny people complained about the spam. Well... they're trying. Its going to take a few times of adjusting to get anything right. Threatening to stop posting isn't helping find the solution. Instead of complaining, why don't you give suggestions? Much more constructive than saying "well, I'm not posting!". Chaz will continue, whether you're posting or not.

Just my two cents.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
It's a process, I'm glad changes are being made regardless. It'll take a while to work out the kinks but for now, at least we aren't getting flooded with spam every 32 seconds

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Since all the spam (at least for me) was in PM, why not put the CAPTCHA thing on the PM? Like in order to send a PM to someone, you have to fill out the CAPTCHA thing on there?

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
It's NOT just in PM - the mods just do a great job trying to get rid of it, so we don't see most of it unless you get on chaz really early or late.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Since all the spam (at least for me) was in PM, why not put the CAPTCHA thing on the PM? Like in order to send a PM to someone, you have to fill out the CAPTCHA thing on there?
What? Have you really not seen it? LOL Majority of the spam was on threads/in their own thread. PM spam isn't as big of a deal because mods don't have to spend majority of their day deleting it and nobody sees it except for the ones that got the PMs.

Taqroy

Because it's not just about you? The mods have been working their tails off to keep our forum relatively spam free. Now that we have a fix (yes, it's an annoying fix but it's still a fix) people are doing an awful lot of complaining. If it's really going to keep you from posting well...so be it.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Because it's not just about you? The mods have been working their tails off to keep our forum relatively spam free. Now that we have a fix (yes, it's an annoying fix but it's still a fix) people are doing an awful lot of complaining. If it's really going to keep you from posting well...so be it.
This. Any idea how much time the mods spend cleaning our spam around the forum (not in PM's)?

Goodness gracious GIVE THEM TIME TO WORK OUT THE KINKS. They've already said AND made a special announcement post that this is just a temporary fix and they are working on it. They aren't trying to make your life difficult. So just say "THANK YOU MODS for keeping us as spam free as possible" and move on.

Members online

No members online now.