Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I can't stay all weekend, not this weekend anyways :( I have something to do with my niece Saturday afternoon.
ONE WEEKEND WE WILL DO SOMETHING, DAMNIT!

Grab

Loving on cats is fine. Toxoplasmosis is the worry with cat boxes. Not every cat is spreading it in their feces. Having read up on the likelihood of it in our cats (all indoors, we'd owned them for several years and knew they hadn't eaten rabbits, rodents, etc and they don't go outside, and so on) I was not worried. If my husband was home, he'd do the boxes, but if he was on a work trip, I'd do them. At work I wore gloves when cleaning cat boxes.

Oh. My. Lord.

My boobs hurt so bad last night that everytime I rolled over, it was like someone stabbing me. Ughhhh.

Barbara, I'd definitely say that's a big fat positive! As for toxo, my midwife told me to stay away from litter boxes. Yeahhh... I work at a vet clinic and it will be a cold day in hell before my DH scoops our cats litterboxes. To be safe, I wear gloves.

Barbara!

I feel your pain as far as the boobs and the significant other not cleaning litter boxes... Lol. I asked my boyfriend if he would do it and he was like "HAHAHAHHAHA no". And when I said "What if I'm pregnant and can't do it?" he said "We can buy you a hazmat suit... I'm not dipping the catboxes." -___- so yeah. Lol. I will have to get gloves.

milos_mommy

If your cats are indoor cats and haven't had contact with any wild outside critters, the chance of toxoplasmosis is greatly reduced. Still, wash you hands thoroughly and immediately after changing litter...but otherwise you should be ok.

I don't change our cat's litter (not my job) but I'm not worried about snuggling the cats. I'm actually more worried about how often Milo tries to stick his tongue in my mouth after he chews on god-knows-what outside.

Taqroy

I'm actually more worried about how often Milo tries to stick his tongue in my mouth after he chews on god-knows-what outside.
From my sample size of (me), I still let the dogs lick me all they want and I have suffered no ill effects. I do limit it after they eat but we feed raw and chicken breath is really unappealing. And Tipper likes to try and slip me some tongue occasionally. Lol.

I was going to post an article about toxoplasmosis that I find really interesting, if kind of horrifying but...I don't want to freak anyone out. It's about how scientists think toxo can re-wire your brain. If there's interest I'll post it. Or I can PM it. I think it's fascinating (but I don't have cats lol).

milos_mommy

Yeah, wearing a sports bra at night helps a lot. I usually do anyway because my boobs are prone to being sore...they actually haven't been that bad so far for me but it does feel like being stabbed when you try to roll over at night....or when you hit a speed bump in a car :p

Members online

No members online now.