What xbreed is this dog please?

lucisac

Hello,

I really am desperate to find out what type of cross breed this dog is. It used to be my beloved pet, but due to a breakup, he was taken from me and now I basically want to get a replacement. When I got him, he was advertised as half maltese/pomeranian...

Pics below in album.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

lucisac

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Sadly cross breeding is so unpredictable that its likely even with the same two breeds you're likely to get a totally different looking dog with a totally different personality.

It's sad you lost him, but my advice would be to go to a rescue and spend time with dogs there till you find one that.matches your personality and life best :)

Maxy24

Looks like some sort of terrier mix to me. I would say Westie but that's just because he's white. Tell us about his personality, that'll give you a much better idea of what breeds you'd like.

milos_mommy

He could have any number of breeds in him, and like was said before, mixed breed puppies come out with all different temperaments. I'd also just start researching breeds and trying to find one that has the personality you want, or get to know some rescue dogs and find one that fits your lifestyle.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Getting another that looks like yours is no guarantee that the dog will have the same temperament. I am sorry you lost your loved dog. Keep an open mind and the right one will be sent your way. Your heart will know.

Pops2

looks like a maltese X pomeranian
ETA the maltese was originally called the maltese terrier and some live upto the title.

lucisac

Thanks for the responses guys, sorry I haven't had a chance to check back until now and sorry the link was a bit quirky. When the dog was bought the breeder did say it was maltese x pomeranian, but everyone else said it wasn't so I wasn't sure. As as others have stated, all mixes come out differently.

He was a very loving dog, got lonely easily, and loves to play about with lots of energy. He loved water and being cheeky with the shoes in the house hehe. I guess that's all I needed to know thanks for your help guys!

Members online

No members online now.