Rats/Guinea Pigs/Ferrets/etc...tell me about them.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Craigslist, I say! You would be suprised what you can find! LOL I got my $300+ ferret cage for $100, and my $300+ birdcage for free.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
better start saving now :rofl1:
seriously -.-
I paid an arm and a leg for Balou's mansion, and I know I'd be doing the same for any new rats or ferrets. That is one reason I would only get a bonded pair, not a single and then try to add another anytime soon after getting them, don't want to buy two cages :lol-sign:
Plus I have found so many people who do like whole themed patterns for a whole ginormous cage and they look so. stinking. cool. lol

Craigslist, I say! You would be suprised what you can find! LOL I got my $300+ ferret cage for $100, and my $300+ birdcage for free.
I usually peruse CL for car stuff, I guess I could start looking at the animal stuff now to keep an eye out for a cage. I really want a Critter/Ferret Nation. :)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
So, I found this. Are they any good? I tend to think plastic=crappy. Plus there are no ramps or anything. Figured I'd ask though...

JessLough

Love My Mutt
shaddup :p

It's this one:
My First Home Multi-Floor Ferret Cage, Sale Items | PetSolutions
(obviously not that one exactly, but I have found 3 of those for sale so far)
This is the first cage I got for Rascal Deluxe My First Home, Multi-Floor X-Lg., Sale Items | PetSolutions
(It is a different model of the same maker of the cage you showed)

It has more floor space, and I just like it overall for a single ferret, who will have daily out of cage time. Any more than one ferret though, it is too small.

The cage you showed, I would not do. They can fall off those landings, and the cage will be too small to block with hammocks in case they do fall. Especially if there is more than one ferret in there

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I used the cage in the link you posted for a foster ferret of mine (she came with it). I was able to rearrange the cage (and take out that stupid slide!) to make the floor levels more balanced and would save her from falling. But I SO do not reccommed that cage. Ever. It was a pain in the *** to clean, and rearranging those shelves? Took me Two. Freaking. Hours. I loathed that cage.

And really, I don't even see the point of ramps/levels if they aren't large enough and secure enough for a bed. If you can't afford a FN 142, then I would personally get a FN 141. You can always add another level later on.
Ferret Nation Habitat Model 141 - Ferret.com

I think my two could comfortabley live in just one of the levels of my FN142 cage. The only thing I have on the bottom level is their litterboxes. Everything else is on the top half. You could even by just the cage and forgo the stand and only spend $100 (although there would be a hole on the floor to allow access to a lower level.
Ferret Nation Habitat Add-On Model 143 - Ferret.com

I <3 my ferret nation. I had another Super Pet cage (four full floors) and it was such a pain and was so cheap compared to the FN, even though the two cages retailed for the same price. (I got my Super Pet cage free, or I wouldn't have gotten it.)

Members online

No members online now.