What the heck is going on?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
snakes... everywhere this year.

First, Belle got this one in the backyard and killed it. Biggest garter snake I've ever come across. it was almost 2 feet long lol. He must have been eating well. Belle probably killed him as revenge for eating all her voles, moles, mice and/or baby rabbits that she likes to eat.

Then today, I came home from the grocery store and brought up the first load of groceries. walked back out to get the next load and almost stepped on this scene

Right on my front stoop which is 5 steps up from the ground. Mama and daddy bird were NOT happy about this. I couldn't help but feel bad. But Hannah and I watched for almost an hour. He eventually gave up because there was no way that wee snake was going to be able to swallow that bird haha.

Apparently this is how he got up there.

in theory I don't mind having snakes around but I really don't want to clean up dead ones that Belle leaves and I REALLY don't want them eating baby birds on my front stoop.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
0.o dude, I'd be PISSED if anything was eating baby birds. That first snake is huge!! I though it was a little funny seeing the little snake weaving along the brick wall.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
0.o dude, I'd be PISSED if anything was eating baby birds. That first snake is huge!! I though it was a little funny seeing the little snake weaving along the brick wall.
I know. I felt terrible about that poor baby but it was already dead so there wasn't anything I could do about it or to save it. :(

I thought it was huge, too. never seen a garter that big lol. never seen anything that wasn't in a cage that big haha. I don't know how Belle didn't get bit taking care of that one.

I couldn't figure out how the heck the snack got all the way up there and then when he gave up on the baby bird and slithered away I wanted to see how he planned on getting down lol. That answered both questions :rofl1:

joce

I'd take that as my sign to move somewhere with no snakes on the doorstep!

We went fishing once and a snake grabbed onto husbands fish and tried to eat it. It was huge!

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
It was all cool until I saw the freaking brick scaling snake! WTF.

The only thing we had on them was that they were stuck to the ground....now we're doomed O.O

Also, all of my dogs literally jump in the air sideways when they encounter a snake. It's hilarious. Just totally bewildered.

Xandra

Send them to meeee :lol-sign:

Seriously that first one was beautiful, and the brick scaling snake is super cute.

Equinox

Ditto what Xandra said and poor dead snakes :( The itty bitty one on the wall is hilariously adorable! I'll keep him, please. Love an overachiever (trying to eat a massive meal and climbing walls?? LOL)!!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Lol I found him pretty cute after he let go of the baby bird and then scaled the wall. I am not so keen on him leaving me a dead baby bird
To clean up though. Not cool snake, not cool!

Yeah belle is a killer. Anything that moves... If she can catch it, she will kill it and most of the time she will eat it. But she won't eat snakes. She just kills them lol

If I saw a snake eating a bird, I would be too transfixed to do anything. Everything about them fascinates me.

Snake in the bricks is just awesome.

True story: when Argon was still alive, we had a snake get into the house. It was a big black one, maybe 3 feet long. I wanted to catch and release him. That lasted until Argon saw it. 22lbs of whippet mix leapt forward, snatched itup, and shook twice. And that was the end of Mr. Snake

Members online

No members online now.