Some training vid's

So we got a couple short clips last night.

We just started doing Palisade work with her. Her techniques coming around, but still has a ways to go.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2MU4aGHi-HA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and just when you think she's getting it :yikes: not quite
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9BLS0yJudzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and another one, you can see she's a bit better at holding on with her front paws and pulling her rear legs under her to clear it

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n_H-_Z3yS6Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and a few biting daddy

She comes a bit unglued here at first. When she's made to hold and quiet down, things just build and have to let out sooner or later. as soon as I tell her to watch me, she let's out her frustration. :)

We just started her on leg sleeves. She's been strictly schutzhund for a number of years. She's ok, but this bite placement is crappy. bad on my part for giving her that target and letting her take it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RcJQBM7xoIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

another, better bite, but was supposed to be a miss :) Still higher than I like, but after 5 years on arms, it's going to take a while to get better placement on legs.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lrFAVs5oOEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and my other dog doing some bitework. She's been off for a couple months with an ACL injury. Just trying to get her back into some shape working on bark and hold.

It's been tougher to get her power and rhythm back in the hold and bark. Especially when it's me doing the work, I can't bring real aggression out with her. But there's a lot to work with her.

Usually it's just me acting as handler and helper so i've created a couple bad habits that I need to clean up, but now I have some help so it will be interesting to see where this exercise is at in a couple weeks. I know it can be a lot better, because it once was.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IEozEH8T5KE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just like to play around. I was starting to do a bit of both with the sable dog, but I Really need to title her in Schutzhund first before i get too far in anything else.

The first dog has lots of drive, but is just a mid-level club dog in working temperament in my opinion so I don't push her to far in anything. We can't compete at the level I want to, but she is a super cool dog and competition isn't my main goal, so we fool around in everything. There's no way i'd give her to someone else so i could work with another dog, so we just do whatever we feel like.

Some nights we'll just do agility stuff, all sorts of jumps tunnels and obstacles, but I wouldn't call it agility training, more like agility messing around :)

Panzerotti

Cool! I'm the same way....I got my Mal as an agility dog originally, but then fell absolutely in love with French Ring. After a few months of training, I had to admit that she doesn't have the temperament for it. It was disappointing, but there's no way that I'd rehome her to get a better dog for FR. So, now it's back to agility full-time and we just play around with bite work since she really does love it as well.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Very nice! I love seeing a good dog work. :)

She did come a bit unglued didn't she lol. It's pretty sobering how quickly they can go from looking relatively calm to exploding.

I'll get some title on my fluffy girl, but high points is not a priority so there isn't a real focus on anything sport over another. I train with all sorts of people, so i don't really have a preference for any sport. I like them all really.

Very nice! I love seeing a good dog work. :)

She did come a bit unglued didn't she lol. It's pretty sobering how quickly they can go from looking relatively calm to exploding.
It's funny, people come over and she's laying on her bed grooming with a cat and they'd never expect she can look like she does sometimes.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
It's hard trying to do helper work with your own dog. I can NOT get Knox to engage me in any sort of confrontation at all. He won't even tug with me. :p

My old dog was the same. She'd tug just fine, but put the sleeve on? it was a real fight to her then. She had nice balance, but before I got her, it was all defense. It was already conditioned in her brain that sleeve meant fight. By the time I got her it was kind of a mess.

I tried using it to help balance her brain again in the exercises thinking I could show her it wasn't always "fight", but it caused so much conflict. She was so in tune with me and seeing me in a sleeve that meant fight, and knew she didn't want to fight me but I was wearing it. All sorts of bad was going to come from it. She'd be salivating and her teeth would chatter and you could see the conflict in her eyes.

I tried it a couple times and just decided it wasn't worth it. Found some others that could do the work for me, and really helped balance things out. After that, I could play with the sleeve with her, but rarely did. There was nothing to really gain from it anymore.

But now I don't live anywhere close to the people I used to train with, so it's either do my own work, or don't do any.

Equinox

I just have to say you look nothing like I thought you would!

Nice dogs!
I assumed that you (release the hounds) were older because of your experience and knowledge. Your advice and commentary had always seemed consistent to the words I often hear from the "old timers" within the breed.

Was going to say, great dog and the guy ain't half bad, either :eek:

CharlieDog - Trent is a very defensive dog by nature, and his sire produces incredibly sharp dogs, but he hadn't shown that side of him until he was past 2 and still hasn't actually done any bitework yet. However, this dog loves to tug, he'll "aus" immediately when I give the word, but if I don't he'll really engage as much as any dog can while playing a game.

I just have to say you look nothing like I thought you would!
I'm going to assume that's a good thing and just say Thanks! If not, lie to me :)

I assumed that you (release the hounds) were older because of your experience and knowledge. Your advice and commentary had always seemed consistent to the words I often hear from the "old timers" within the breed.
I wouldn't classify myself as old, but i'm probably a bit older than you think. ;) I know I don't feel as young as I used to all the time

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
That's not how I pictured you at all, either. I expected a 50 year old gruff man!

Very cool videos, though. Bite work has always interested me. I guess I could train the chihuahuas to do ankle bites, and Rory could hit knee level.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I"m not such an asshole in person either :) I do much better with verbal communication
I'm really not a spoiled brat either. I do better with verbal communication as well. It's easier to incorrectly judge people on the internet when all you have to go by are typed words without expression or tone.

it is and makes for some interesting exchanges.

Just think of all the fun we're missing out on if we move past the cranky old fart and spoiled brat personas? :)

am I derailing my own thread?

Better bring it back

Here's some more B & H. better barking with a tighter line. But that's expected because she isn't threatened by me and frustration is what motivates her bark. When it's lose, she's all in prey wants to bite and doesn't want to bark.

We have to transition past that. Now that I can work her again, I think in a few weeks it will be much better again.

Then I gave her two out commands with shitty opportunities for a re-grip. I gotta seriously re-consider being videoed again. I'm finding too many screw ups.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dl4_BkV4mAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Members online

No members online now.