Is it ok if my dog...

SarahFair

Chews on a deer skull?
I am collecting skulls to paint and do some artsy stuff with and all the ones I have are road kill (all found in 1 spot oddly) hanging from a tree in my backyard, I would put in the woods but I have to watch them to make sure dogs and things dont eat them buuuut
mischievous Mary Jane couldnt resist..
I had 9 and now I am down to 8.5 :rolleyes:

Well I was reading on a taxidermy site that alot of deer run out in the road because they are rabid. I dont know if this is true or not but do you think if it were rabid it could be transfered to her?? The skin left on it was dried up like a pig ear kinda..

Romy

Taxiderpy
If she has her rabies vaccine up to date then she should be fine. Situations like these are a really good reason to keep up on them.

Keep an eye on her for bloody stool, which could mean that the bones have hurt her insides and she would need to see a vet. Usually dogs are fine with raw bones, but the older the animal is the harder the bones are (and the more difficult to digest).

SarahFair

Well I have noticed since yesterday that she has been wanting out alot more and when I let her out she alway runs to go poop, not taking the 1 hour she usually does to ind a spot. She got me up at 5 s.m. and again a bit ago and she pooped in my bathroom and it was really runny but not bloody..
She chewed on it a few days ago before I chased her off of it..
Would it still be affectting her?
Or could she have gotten into something else??

Is she used to eating raw bones/meat? If not than that probably explains the loose stools. Oftentimes dogs not used to raw will have bouts of diahreah (sp?)--I would keep a close eye on her--is she eating and drinking ok?

Members online

No members online now.