The Good News thread

Saeleofu

I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry (I couldn't help myself)

I really don't know about this Capaldi guy. I was so attached to Matt. I bawled so hard when I saw him old. That was the worst part for me.

Been watching Sherlock, too. I forgot Ben was in War Horse. He looks SO young, lol.
Have you seen Torchwood? Specifically Children of Earth? I think Capaldi will be brilliant, and I am not-so-secretly hoping Jack will make an appearance just for the feels.

And yeah, I cried A LOT when Matt regenerated. And then I rewatched it, and cried some more. And repeat until Sherlock came on. And then I cried for Sherlock (well, for John actually). MOFFAT.

If you haven't seen the "making of" special for Time of the Doctor, you ought to. Because feels.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
No, I haven't seen Torchwood :( I shall, though

I hope Jack will return too!! I'll look up the making of- literally did not have a tv anymore after that episode, so if it was on BBCA I missed it.

Saeleofu

No, I haven't seen Torchwood :( I shall, though

I hope Jack will return too!! I'll look up the making of- literally did not have a tv anymore after that episode, so if it was on BBCA I missed it.
Teh Internets. I don't have cable, either. ;)

[YOUTUBE]vKI_dJiro0E[/YOUTUBE]

I lost it around 8:15...

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Have you seen Torchwood? Specifically Children of Earth? I think Capaldi will be brilliant, and I am not-so-secretly hoping Jack will make an appearance just for the feels.
I really want to rewatch CoE, but things are shaky enough over here IRL, so I don't need the extra dose. It really screwed me up the first time I watched it and now going back and getting the deeper reading of it...no. Not right now.

BUT TORCHWOOD

/conflicted

Saeleofu

I really want to rewatch CoE, but things are shaky enough over here IRL, so I don't need the extra dose. It really screwed me up the first time I watched it and now going back and getting the deeper reading of it...no. Not right now.

BUT TORCHWOOD

/conflicted
Yeah, it messed me up pretty badly the first time around. The second time wasn't much easier, but at least I knew what I was in for. I basically cried nonstop through the last 3 episodes. CoE is why I started watching the Sarah Jane Adventures. Needed something to relax me before bed.

But, if you need a Torchwood fix, there's always Orgasm Alien. That one's not too deep :p

Saeleofu

children of earth oh the feels i tell everyonw to watch torchwood and stick woth itjust for coe, its soooo good
Yeah, season 1 is hard to get through, but if you stick with it it definitely pays off. You do have to have that connection with the characters to get the most out of COE and even the end of season 2.

Lyzelle

Been playing Don't Starve on the PS4. I can't stop.

Too addicting. Much too addicting.

Like I haven't been posting here the last few days because this game has me sucked in.

Oh, I also worked yesterday. Yay!

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
day of the doctor was brilliant. all the doctors together and then bad wolf personified was awesome. other than silence in the library its probably my favorite episode

Zoom

Twin 2.0
While still not 100% again, Sawyer was able to go tearing after a squirrel yesterday and jumped up on the bed a few times last night.

I really need to get him into a vet for a full senior check up and cold laser appointment.

DJEtzel

Picked up more hours at work... almost full time now as the main receptionist. This is gonna suck, but the paycheck will be so worth it.

Plus it'll look great on my resume if I don't get the job I've been waiting to hear back about since... August?

Lyzelle

Finally sound someone to refill my Xanax. FINALLY. I hate doctors and their million hoops.

Thank you Universe for giving me someone who understands and helped me. And not just gave me the prescription, but actually sat down and talked to me too about my triggers and things that help. And fun fact, my anger is probably a side effect of me worked past my wits end. Fight or flight response. I fight. Also turns out that is why I WANT nothing but sleep and no contact with people during high stress times or environments. My issues are medically explained, and easily dealt with when I have a cooperative doctor. I'm even, calm, happy, and taste freedom.

I am happier now. I can be happier now. It was a productive, slightly stressful, but HIGHLY rewarding day.

Thanks to BeAu, too, for shoving me out the door to go get this done. Perhaps literally. Bless him for dealing with my anxiety. He's so sweet, and patient.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Finally sound someone to refill my Xanax. FINALLY. I hate doctors and their million hoops.

Thank you Universe for giving me someone who understands and helped me. And not just gave me the prescription, but actually sat down and talked to me too about my triggers and things that help. And fun fact, my anger is probably a side effect of me worked past my wits end. Fight or flight response. I fight. Also turns out that is why I WANT nothing but sleep and no contact with people during high stress times or environments. My issues are medically explained, and easily dealt with when I have a cooperative doctor. I'm even, calm, happy, and taste freedom.

I am happier now. I can be happier now. It was a productive, slightly stressful, but HIGHLY rewarding day.

Thanks to BeAu, too, for shoving me out the door to go get this done. Perhaps literally. Bless him for dealing with my anxiety. He's so sweet, and patient.
can i have your doctor? :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Hooooooly (#&!.

So several months ago I interviewed at a place that offered me the job, but the pay was too low so I turned it down.
I just got an e-mail from one of the guys who worked there and he asked if I was still looking for graphic design work, because he has a small independent design company and he is in touch with a lot of the places around town and he would be happy to pass my name on to them as a recommendation if they have openings in the future. And also, he was curious to know if I would be open to doing any freelance work for him.

Holy ****!!!

Saeleofu

Hooooooly (#&!.

So several months ago I interviewed at a place that offered me the job, but the pay was too low so I turned it down.
I just got an e-mail from one of the guys who worked there and he asked if I was still looking for graphic design work, because he has a small independent design company and he is in touch with a lot of the places around town and he would be happy to pass my name on to them as a recommendation if they have openings in the future. And also, he was curious to know if I would be open to doing any freelance work for him.

Holy ****!!!
Woooo, AWESOME! :D

Lyzelle

As per more experienced and professional advice.....Finally got around to checking the blocks on Rhio on every site I can think of for MONTHS now, (facebook, twitter, instagram, anything I frequent, I blocked her name, email, anything she could use to find me. Facebook likes to De-block people at random), and then finally deleting every trace of her. Pictures, messages, emails, everything. It was doing no use sitting there reminding me how much I used to love and trust her as my safe haven and someone I could always go it. That's long gone, she's twisted and hateful and vile. No use longing for old days.

So it's all gone, and the records of her stalking are in more official hands.

One more step forward to having a WONDERFUL 2014.

I think one of my goals for this year is to post here 10x more than in the Venting Thread. Hopefully not post there at all. I'm DETERMINED DAMNIT. :p

Last edited:

Saeleofu

I scored an awesome rolling dog show gear bag ("rolling multi purpose tote bag") from Aldi for $14.99...AND IT'S EVEN RED, which is Logan's color. Like, seriously, it's perfect <3

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
While still not 100% again, Sawyer was able to go tearing after a squirrel yesterday and jumped up on the bed a few times last night.

I really need to get him into a vet for a full senior check up and cold laser appointment.
So glad to hear that! <3 But what- senior checkup? How old is Sawyer?

Members online

No members online now.