All this free time...

...is driving me nuts!

Luckily I dug up an old sketchbook in the apartment I'm staying at. I haven't drawn much lately, but the paper is Bristol and I really, really like it so far! I figured I'd just dump everything here, if that's okay with you all ;)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
oh wow - that's aaaamazing work! The details are sooo striking - I feel like I'm looking through a camera, not a piece of paper. Def keep posting!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Oh my goodness, that is breathtaking. You are insanely talented, please continue to share!

That's amazing... Are you taking commissions?
Always! If you'd like something done up, send me a PM with what you have in mind.

Thanks, everybody! I've been playing around with composition a little bit lately (as it's not my strong suit...) and I'm relieved that this came out decently. :)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
That is inSANELY gorgeous!!!! :D

I love the detail on the bird and the foxes ruff.

Come teach me how to draw like this!

I'm sure you get asked often, but what type of pencil are you using? I'm never satisfied with my shading with the pencil I use, though I LOVE it for outlining work. I need to either invest in a french stump or find a better shading pencil...

Airn

I'm interested to see more of your work.

What do you like to draw? Are you comfortable doing portraits? (Animal or human.) Do you have a website/blog/Facebook for your work?

That is a beautiful sketch, anyway. Very jealous.

I'm sure you get asked often, but what type of pencil are you using? I'm never satisfied with my shading with the pencil I use, though I LOVE it for outlining work. I need to either invest in a french stump or find a better shading pencil...
Haha actually I use a run-of-the-mill mechanical pencil. Since I layer instead of blending, shading pencils tend to make everything look muddy once they lose their initial sharpness. For pencils I would recommend Berol Turquoise, though, if you are in the market.

What do you like to draw? Are you comfortable doing portraits? (Animal or human.) Do you have a website/blog/Facebook for your work?
I like to draw just about anything. My weakest points are non-living things, but I'm working on incorporating backgrounds into more of my pieces where relevant. I do mostly people/animal portraits because that's what people enjoy, but I have nothing against cityscapes and have done a few.

I'm just getting into more serious art, kind of, so no Facebook or website at the moment...but hopefully everything will be back up and running soon! The nice thing about my new job is that downtime is downtime, which leaves lots of room for arting and things ;)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I use a mechanical pencil too lol, but I'm not happy with the shading from it. I guess it's my technique. I'll have to try again. I tend to not shade things like that because I never get it right. According to myself anyway lol

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I layer as well and have never liked the smudged look. Your work is clean and sharply executed. I like your composition and your subject matter. Well done. :)

i have been following a site on facebook called the Drawing Pencil. They have some extraordinary pencil work on there if you haven't seen yet, you might enjoy.

I am finally home and I got a little piece done for a friend so I figured I'd share! He's a ruddy duck, and if you've never seen one, you should drop everything you're doing and look them up on Youtube. Really. They make the best motorboat noises EVER.

Meanwhile I am totally unable to come up with a decent name for my business. Which means I can either go back to the cheesy name I came up with when I was fourteen orrrrrr stall and only post new drawings here instead of working on a fancy new website ;)

Taqroy

Meanwhile I am totally unable to come up with a decent name for my business. Which means I can either go back to the cheesy name I came up with when I was fourteen orrrrrr stall and only post new drawings here instead of working on a fancy new website ;)
Post more things! Do you draw humans?

I LOVE your work!
Ahh thanks, Dizzy!

Do you draw humans?
Sometimes I try! We did a self-portrait assignment in my last art class and often between commissions I will doodle. Unfortunately portraits of people don't tend to sell as well unless they have animals accompanying them!

Edit: Eww...sorry about the quality...I'm taking all of these off Facebook and some of them were photographs from exhibits

Last edited:
It's been awhile! I rustled up a commission from a friend. This little cat is a total spitfire and was a lot of fun (although to be completely honest I had to redraw her half a dozen times).

Members online

No members online now.