What am I?

Saje

Island dweller
This "dog" has been running around late at night. Really late. At first we thought it was a wolf but I'm not convinced of that. It's very elusive as you can tell from the photo which had to be blown up a lot!

I'm sure it's a stray at the very least.

What do you think?

Hard to tell. The markings on the face are the only thing that is really distinctive in the photo. They look Husky or Malamute almost, but could be wolf as well. How big is it? Have any of your neighbors seen it? What kind of condition does it appear to be in?

Saje

Island dweller
That's what I was thinking too. There are a lot of sledding dogs around here. Could have crossed with a wolf or something.

I'll ask around if someone else has seen it.

I'll try for better pics too.

Saje

You know how people can be - sometimes they have dogs and just leave them outside all the time and they never get a chance to socialize. Or it could be like Bimmer, who really just doesn't want to deal with strangers, especially after someone poisoned his Buffy a couple of years ago. He was a fairly friendly dog, just a bit standoffish before then, but afterwards he's just different. He won't let anyone touch him unless Charley or I are there and tell him it's okay. He won't even take treats from my Mom, and he's known her well since he was a pup.

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah. I'll have to try and see what condition he's in. People can be awful
I know most of the dogs in the area though.

Members online

No members online now.