A bit Confused...

uhmanda00

I'm getting ready to sign up for the first dog show that I will be competing in. Lucy and I will be doing Rally Novice A. This is the show we will attend: http://www.okcdogshows.com/

I went last summer to watch, and each day was a different show...new judges & you start at the beginning. So does this mean that I can go 3 days in a row, get a Q each day, and earn the title by the end of the 3 days???

I believe way back I remember reading something about 2 Q's per show was the max... but since it is 4 days... can I do what I just explained in the above paragraph??

Thank you.

uhmanda00

I just noticed on Onofrio... this information:
Shows Closing On 06/13/2007

Mid-Del-Tinker Kennel Club, Inc. (1) (O) (R) (IE)
Oklahoma City OK, Thursday, June 28, 2007
Mid-Del-Tinker Kennel Club, Inc. (2) (O) (R) (IE) (U) 5/04/2007
Oklahoma City OK, Friday, June 29, 2007
Oklahoma City Kennel Club, Inc. (1) (O) (R) (IE)
Oklahoma City OK, Saturday, June 30, 2007
Oklahoma City Kennel Club, Inc. (2) (O) (R) (IE)
Oklahoma City OK, Sunday, July 1, 2007

Does this mean they are being sponsered by 2 different clubs?? So that may have an impact on my original question.

If you have a show with more than two days of shows it must be given by two different clubs. This is just a rule. It's then called a 'cluster'. So thats the Oklahoma City Cluster.

Every day that you enter is a chance for a Q. So I saw 4 chances for a Q. 3 Q's is a title. I'm not up to snuff on the rally rules, but you need to see how many different judges you have to have your Q's under. For example, if it says 3 Qualifying scores under 3 different judges, that's pretty self explanitory. Then you must look at the show you are entering. If they only hired one judge to judge the Rally novice A's all weekend then even if you Q'ed all four times, she would not have a title. Get it? You can enter under a certain judge as often as you want, but when it comes down to titles it matters how many different judges awarded the dog a qualifying score.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
AKC rally is 3 qualifying scores under 2 judges.
So I'd think if you signed up for 4 rounds.. and it was 2 judges and you Q'd three times you'd have a title. Shouldn't matter it's in one weekend.

MafiaPrincess

Looking at the detailed show info.. It's a judge doing every rally class each day. So 4 judges judging you in the end. So if you Q 3 or all 4 times you should have a title.

uhmanda00

What do i write on the premium under "dog show class"? or do i leave that blank since i'm competeing in rally??? cause on the next line it says rally class _____ and i wrote novice

IliamnasQuest

Loves off-leash training!
Just fill out the rally information - the dog show class would be for conformation classes.

Finding those "clusters" of shows is a great way to finish titles. I love getting a title in one weekend! And if you're ready (and if they allow it, which they usually do) you could do a move-up to advanced rally for the fourth show if you qualify the first three times.

As long as the judges are different, all of the legs will count. So good luck and have a great time!

Melanie and the gang in Alaska

uhmanda00

thanks so much.

i talked to my mom, and i was only allowed to sign up for 2 days out of the 4 because she didn't want lucy to get worn out, and this will be our very first time.

it's a thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday show. so i signed up for friday and sunday. i really need to start working with lucy again!!

MafiaPrincess

Oooh.. I thought the show was last weekend. My bad. I understand the gee we should refresh our skills thing. We have a rally trial June 16th, and we haven't been practicing our skills lately. Thanks for the reminder ;)

Members online