Bruised nipples?

Romy

Taxiderpy
Kaia had her first season ever. She began bleeding on December 23rd and stopped bleeding on January 8th. Two days before she stopped, Strider got all goobery and kept licking the furniture where she had been laying so I think that's when she was ovulating. I didn't let them anywhere near each other so I don't know if she would have been flagging then or not.

I noticed while she was bleeding that her nipples were a bit swollen feeling, but just figured it was normal. Today they're about the same, but I was rubbing her tummy and saw that the bottom two are really bruised looking. There's a ring of purple and red around them. It honestly looks painful. :(

What is the bruising from? Is it normal? Can she get mastitis from being in season? Is it a sign of false pregnancy?

I know she is definitely not pregnant, unless Strider or a neighbor dog has the power to magically beam their seed through solid walls and locked crates. Yes, we locked it to prevent a toddler induced accident. They were never in the same room at all while she was in season. Actually, they're still separated until next weekend just to be safe.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Rileys nipples did that while she was in heat. It took about a week for it to settle.

Isn't it a joyous and magical time (end sarcasm)

Members online

No members online now.