Looking for good mini/toy poodle breeders

Boemy

Hey guys, it's been a while since I was here. I've been busy with work. :)

A friend of mine wants to get a mini / toy poodle from a breeder. She showed me the place she was thinking of getting one from and it is definitely a puppy mill, so I am trying to find some better options for her.

She lives in Alabama. :)

Groch

Gadget Hound
Hey guys, it's been a while since I was here. I've been busy with work. :)
A friend of mine wants to get a mini / toy poodle from a breeder. She showed me the place she was thinking of getting one from and it is definitely a puppy mill, so I am trying to find some better options for her.
She lives in Alabama. :)
Perhaps someone else can help with a specific breeder recommendation.
But before buying a poodle in Alabama I would call or e-mail Nancy Hafner, who is Secretary of the Poodle Club of Alabama as well as in charge of miniature and toy poodle rescue.

She would know the availability of rescue dogs, and also the breeders.

Contact information is: Nancy Hafner
[email protected]
(256) 381-5744
1100 S. Hook St.
Tuscumbia, AL 35674

I live in Colorado, and since the economic downturn there are 4-5 times as many poodles available for rescue in my area than a year ago. Many are young dogs whose owners were forced to move/get new jobs where they could not care for them anymore. Good luck.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
I don't think it is a good idea to post someones contact details online without their permission. I would rather just send it in PM.

Groch

Gadget Hound
I don't think it is a good idea to post someones contact details online without their permission. I would rather just send it in PM.
Your PM suggestion is a good one.

In this case, all of her contact information is taken from the Alabama Poodle Club Website. Since she had already posted it there (at the top of the page) I assume she wants it available. I hope it will help others Alabama'ns find a good dog.

Maxy24

Is she willing to travel out of state or have the pup shipped?
I can find LOTS in surrounding states but haven't found them in Alabama.

Boemy

Is she willing to travel out of state or have the pup shipped?
I can find LOTS in surrounding states but haven't found them in Alabama.
I am not sure if she would be willing to ship a dog from a far away state. (I'll ask her.) If you know of any in directly surrounding states (uh, did that make sense?), then let me know and I will definitely pass them on to her.

Boemy

Wow, those are some gorgeous dogs!!

My friend let me know that she can't travel out of state, but she would be willing to ship a dog from a different state.

I also got some specifics on what she is looking for:

Miniature poodle (not toy)
and female.

Members online

No members online now.