The questions...

ACooper

Either I missed something, or you really are nuts! LOL I don't know what questions you speak of.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
The only time the questions bug me is when they don't recognize my answer as correct.

Q: What is 1+3?
A: 4
Q: that is incorrect. What is 1+3?
A: 4....
A: 4!!!
A: I SAID IT IS 4! GIVE ME ANOTHER QUESTION!
Q: 4 is incorrect. What is God spelled backwards?
A: dog
Q: that is incorrect.

Me: ... forget it.

ACooper

OOOOOOOOOOOOH DUUUUUHHHH! :rofl1: THE QUESTIONS! :lol-sign:

*slinks away in shame*

Saeleofu

Just a hint: a cat with 1 leg is missing 3 legs.

That one eluded me for a long time.
This. This question pissed me off SO much because I was SO sure the answer was 1 and it ALWAYS said I was wrong. I still type in 1 about 80% of the time.

noludoru

Bored Now.
The only time the questions bug me is when they don't recognize my answer as correct.

Q: What is 1+3?
A: 4
A: 4....
A: 4!!!
A: I SAID IT IS 4! GIVE ME ANOTHER QUESTION!
Q: 4 is incorrect. What is God spelled backwards?
A: dog
Q: that is incorrect.

Me: ... forget it.
:rofl1:

I don't even bother posting sometimes if that happens.

"What color is a black dog?" I don't know, why don't you ask the one sitting next to me. . .

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
This. This question pissed me off SO much because I was SO sure the answer was 1 and it ALWAYS said I was wrong. I still type in 1 about 80% of the time.
Which is SO WEIRD because when I say 3, it says I'm wrong. When I say 1, it lets me through. :confused:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
They do help quite a bit with the spam.
They also make a lot of regular posters avoid posting too though. The board has been slowing to a crawl lately. Lots of people reading and not posting I think.

Taqroy

They also make a lot of regular posters avoid posting too though. The board has been slowing to a crawl lately. Lots of people reading and not posting I think.
I'm not really sure that's it - or not all of it. I actually think the venting and good news thread have a lot more to do with it. I noticed that once those really got started we had a lot fewer new threads because things that used to be a whole topic are being discussed in those. /shrug

The questions don't bother me at all but I also don't have it randomly telling me I'm doing it wrong.

I do get it telling me I answered it wrong sometimes and it is annoying. Chazhound has been a lot less active for a while now. I think the questions are discouraging people from posting and discouraging new members as well. It's sad because I like this site.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I wish there was a way that posters with let's say 50 posts or more didn't have to answer questions. That way bots would still be caught, but genuine new users (and oldies) could "graduate" to full easy posting rights.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I'm not really sure that's it - or not all of it. I actually think the venting and good news thread have a lot more to do with it. I noticed that once those really got started we had a lot fewer new threads because things that used to be a whole topic are being discussed in those. /shrug

The questions don't bother me at all but I also don't have it randomly telling me I'm doing it wrong.
This.

I mean, we have a venting thread, good news thread, musing thread, mom and mom to be thread, dog training thread, dog musing/venting thread, snapshot thread. There's just... Not much more that people post so they're just not making their own thread anymore.

I completely agree with this. I actually don't really like those threads for that reason. I feel people think it's silly to post a thread since it can relatively easily fit into one of those. And on top of it most people don't reply to each other in those threads.

I think they're great for just little things that no one would ever make a thread about but I notice a lot of things that go into those would have before been a whole thread.

I miss that.

Also, the questions don't bother me as much as not having quick reply, I really really miss quick reply. Having that back, even if it was in addition to the questions would make me happy.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Meh. I know several people have said they don't post as much anymore because the Quick Response box is gone and because of the questions.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Meh. I know several people have said they don't post as much anymore because the Quick Response box is gone and because of the questions.
I think the loss of Quick Reply is a biggie. I never used it myself but I know many got used to it.

I think it's a combo of Quick Reply, questions and the lumped threads that have been popping up. There's tons of new replies daily to the lumped threads.

Personally I don't experience issues with right answers being wrong. I capitalize everything, I don't know if that makes a difference. It's silly if it does!

Members online

No members online now.