Ticks- any ideas?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Are there any natural repellants? The only time I ever encounter ticks are during our hikes. I've pulled 3 off of Rory and 2 off Emma in the past month (I check them as soon as we get home). I only use Advantix as needed... since I hardly ever deal with fleas I'd hate to treat them monthly with chemicals.

Any natural solutions I can spray on them before hiking?

Thanks! :D

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Virbac makes a flea/tick wipe (all natural) that supposedly works for up to three days on dogs if they stay dry. Also safe for humans, but it only last for a few hours due to sweat. Their is a spray as well, but it has to be shaken really well before being sprayed, or it won't reconstitute right and you're basically spraying your dog with water. lol

Haven't used it as of yet, but I am very interested in using the wipes on the ferrets and rats for fleas if needed.

Vetri-Repel Flea & Tick Wipes

This wipe contains a synergistic blend of natural oils that work as a natural force field to shield your pet from unwanted pests such as Fleas, Ticks and Mosquitoes. Simply wipe the pre-moistened towelette on the pets fur, including legs and stomach, then work into the coat if necessary. Depending on the thickness, type, and length of fur more than one wipe may be required to get the product through the entire coat. Avoid contact with animals nose, mouth and eyes when applying on animals face. Reapply every 2-3 days or as needed before the animal goes outside. Reapply whenever the animal is thoroughly wet. Safe for daily use, if desired.

Safe for use on puppies and kittens!
Keep pack lid closed when not in use.
For use on Dogs, Cats, and Horses only
An All Natural Flea Repellent

Active Ingredients
Lemongrass Oil 4%
Cinnamon Oil
Cinnnamon Oil 1%
Sesame Oil 1%
Castor Oil 0.5%

Inert Ingredients
Purified Water 91.3%