Antifreeze Petition to Sign!

I agree with Adrienne not sure I see your logic because the government is not going to shut down in our lifetime for sure!! Thanks for the petition great idea.

capersuasion02 said:
I agree with Adrienne not sure I see your logic because the government is not going to shut down in our lifetime for sure!! Thanks for the petition great idea.

Ya it probally wont but we may as well leave our kids with no rights and huge taxes to pay for this massive government we have created for them. Im sure they will want to thank you for it. Just like I want to thank the folks who said in 1913 "ya this income taxes thing doesnt look like a bad idea" . Its voter chosen slavery way to go voters!

Saje

Island dweller
Hmmm.. well I don't think this is even my government! But... sigh.... I hate to say it.... he's going to gloat... I have to side with Buckshot again. there are too many laws. Now, I'm not saying that we don't need a gov't ... but I think that you can make 'common sense' laws. All poisons should be locked away from kids and dogs. Do you keep your cleaners where your kids can reach them? Cuz some of those flowery citrusy ones don't smell too bad.

There are too many laws. One of the ones that bugs me the most is that you aren't supposed to drink out on the beach. I guess it's because you'll probably drive drunk home? So look for the drunks on the road! It used to have so much fun drinking a bottle of wine at the beach with my boyfriend... in chile. Now I still do it but you have to go somewhere pretty secluded. And I don't drive home drunk. Silly. But a few people are idiots and now everyone has to suffer?

Melissa_W

Buckshot said:
Im not Libertarian. Libertarianism is my limit of compromise.

The fire of huge government burns too big as is, so you want to just throw a little more wood on it?

The common man is doing this to himself and deserves it. We are the common man and we are screaming for more laws, this forum is full of ..this should be illegal...that should be illegal. But then cry like a bunch of babies when someone wants to outlaw their dog... We deserve it!! We deserve it when cops kick down doors and shoot innocent people. We deserve it when you get a ticket for not having your turn signal on when there was no one with in a mile of you except the cop. Next time you get nailed for some petty crap just say "hey, officer I vote and petition to take away other peoples rights so give me that ticket, btw fine job!" As much as we deserve to live in crates our children do not and thats what we are setting up with every pull of the lever and every "great idea" that comes down the pike.

Your idealism is adorable. I completely agree with you in principle. I used to be more like you, but then I realized the futility of it. Now, I guess I prefer to work within the system, as opposed to just sitting by and talking about the way I would like things to be. Because like I said, laws are going to keep going on the books. I've been pretty involved with pro-choice groups, and I was involved with the fight against the smoking ban and ban on gay marriage in Columbus. We failed, but whatever. I did the best I could. I fight a lot of laws, but I guess I'm not against supporting one every now and then. Especially if it stops greedy corporations.

Adrienne

My issue with antifreeze is that it can leak out of your radiator and you may not even realize it right away. This leaves a big puddle of antifreeze for some unfortunate animal or child to come upon. Doesn't mean that you are a stupid person...accidents like that happen. Most of the dogs poisioned by it are poisioned in this manner, because it leaked out of someones car and went unnoticed. Now tell me Buckshot, do you check your radiator daily to ensure nothing is spilling out of it?

I think that the government is too involved in our lives and choices as well. That doesn't that when they presented with something that makes sense I should just say "oh well, no concern to me". To each their own I guess.

Saje

Island dweller
Adrienne said:
I think that the government is too involved in our lives and choices as well. That doesn't that when they presented with something that makes sense I should just say "oh well, no concern to me". To each their own I guess.
Who said that? We can still be concerned about it without signing a petition. I, for one, am much more infavour of education. I'd rather see people making educated decisions on all sorts of issues then them blindly following some law.

And I for one don't let my dogs frolic around vehicles. And that was the reason the cats were never allowed in the garage at home. Just in case...

I check it more than daily. Before I get in any vehicle I look under it for leaks. The radiator is in front so leaks are very obvious. Anyone who doesnt like long marches on the highway should do the same.

Im not saying that this crap tasting glycol is a bad idea.

As I have said I would gladly buy this if it was offered to me at a competitive price, as I think any sane person would. In the petition it says this will cost 2 cents a gallon. It doesnt say which antifreze manufacturer they contacted to get that information from. I can believe that two cents may cover the cost of the agent however the equipment and such to implement this will not be free. Since I think they are lying about that why would I believe any of it.

I have faith in peoples desire to earn and I know if there is a market for this it can be done. I dont have faith in the governments force. I can link stuff all day that people do in violation of what the government says is ok. Im getting so redundant here im making everyone including myself ill. If they make a law like this I will use regular anti freeze thats sitting in my garage just to to spite these pricks. I will be happy to offer a taste to anyone who wants to check my compliance.

You guys have it easy. Im just chatting with you on the internet you should have seen the poor fascist that came to my door trying to get me to sign The Denver Pitbull ban petition.

Adrienne

I will bow out now, this is something that is so frustrating and that we have so little control over.
Thanks to eveyone who signed the petition, I am glad that more people are now aware that their is an option out there.
Why does something simple like signing a petition need to be turned into a debate anyways about people's political veiws? If you didn't want to sign the petition then just don't sign it. We can all make up our own minds on what we do or do not wish to support.

Saje

Island dweller
I believe it became a debate when you challenged Buckshot's opinion. His first post wasn't looking for a debate just stating his feelings as everyone else had.

:p <runs away>

Adrienne

Saje said:
I believe it became a debate when you challenged Buckshot's opinion. His first post wasn't looking for a debate just stating his feelings as everyone else had.

:p <runs away>
Well I guess you got me there eh? I will just refrain from posting anymore petitions in the future on this board. Thanks!

Saje

Island dweller
Why would you do that? I think everyone enjoyed themselves on this thread? There weren't any personal attacks. A lot of information and opinions were shared. Doesn't seem too bad to me.

Adrienne

Because it is terribly frustrating to me that something that could potentialy save animals and childrens lives turned into a debate about how the government controls a large enough chunk of our lives already. How do the two and two go hand in hand I just don't get it. I can't stand to see animals or people suffer, even if it is because of someone else stupidity, if there is another way I am all for it and if it takes a law being passed to ensure saftey then so be it.
I just don't care to be upset (yes I know I allow myself to be upset by things like that) when I can post it on another board without the risk of someone opposing it. If they don't wanna sign it don't sign it, I didn't post it to have someone give me a rundown of how the government works (or doesn't work).
Oh and because it is my right, LOL! :D

Melissa_W

Aw, don't do that Adrienne. There are plenty of people that signed, definitely enough to make it worth it.

Saje

Island dweller
eh? it is your right to what? :confused:

But threads meander just like natural conversations do. that's one of the nice things about it. you never know what's going to come up. And no one was saying that it's wrong for you to sign the petition or believe what you believe. I'm not against the petition I'm just picky about what I sign. And I doubt it would affect me either way. Actually, I doubt that it will have any effect altogether other than everyone will feel like they've done something. Not that it hurts to try.

If you don't want a debate then just let people state their opinions and let it be. Not everyone has to agree.

I think it's great that you want to try to help. More people should!

Members online

No members online now.