Have you heard of Fromm

candy722

I went to the pet store to get Toki some Innova can food and saw a sample pack for dogs so I took it. It's called Froom chicken and Veg. just wondering if this is good food for dogs. I read the ingredient and everything sounds good except fort he presers., barley, and brown rice. Let me know if any one has tried this brand.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
it's an ok food, but in my opinion it doesn't quite measure up to the standard of the really high-end foods.

fish

Funny

No surprising how everyone has their different opinions on foods and that there are so many varying comparisons between brands: from Vets (who usually push certain brands), big box stores (who push whatever they sell and usually carry brands known to be lower-quality), and then pet stores (who usually know roughly what they are talking about and sell a wider range)...

From what I have heard, from a mix of these sources, Fromm's is pretty good stuff. Up for debate of course... but well respected up here in eastern Canada anyway as being a highER-quality food.

Athe

Here is there web page: http://www.frommfamily.com/products_fourstardry.asp

Ingredients for the Chicken a la king
Ingredients:
Chicken, Chicken Meal, Pearled Barley, Oatmeal, Sweet Potato, Brown Rice, White Rice, While Dried Egg, Menhaden Fish Meal, Millet, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Dried Tomato Pomace, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Oat Hulls, Herring Meal, Cheese, Flaxseed, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Apples, Green Beans, Lecithin, Potassium Chloride, Cranberries, Blueberries, Salt, Monocalcium Phosphate, Chicory Root Extract, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Alfalfa Sprouts, Yucca Schidigera, Folic Acid, Whole Clove Garlic, Parsley, Chondroitin Sulfate, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Longum, Lactobacillus Salivarius, Enterococcous Faecium, Vitamin A, D3, E, B12 Supplements, Choline Chloride, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfate (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Biotin, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Sorbic Acid, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite.

Our meat and fish are of the same quality you'd find at a good butcher shop or market. Every cut is handpicked, trimmed, and carefully prepared in small batches to ensure extraordinary quality. The kind that will turn your dog into a connoisseur of fine canine cuisine.
The Fromm Family uses fresh, select, boneless, human-grade chicken, duck, whitefish, beef, turkey and fresh eggs as the main sources of protein in Fromm Family Nutritionals dog foods. In Fromm Family Nutritionals cat foods we use fresh, boneless, human-grade duck, salmon & chicken as well as high-quality fresh liver, fresh eggs and fresh cheese as the main protein sources.
The fresh produce used in our food is never dried or pre-processed. Because the fresher produce the better retention of naturally-occuring vitamins and minerals. For the same reason, we take the time to slow-simmer each of our dry recipes, rather than rush them
through with a flash heat processing.
They also offer raw prepared foods which is a wonderful option;
Ingredients:
Chicken, Chicken Liver, Sweet Potato, Carrots, Broccoli, Whole Egg, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Flaxseed, Lettuce, Apples, Celery, Bok Choy, Cranberries, Blueberries, Parsley, Dried Kelp, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Chicory Root Extract, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Yucca Schidigera, Folic Acid, Chondroitin Sulfate, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Longum, Lactobacillus Salivarius, Enterococcous Faecium, Vitamin A, D3, E, B12 Supplements, Choline Chloride, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfate (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Biotin, Zinc Sulfate, Iron Carbonate, Manganous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite.

IMO, they sound like a good company with quality ingredients. I'm not too kean on their use of Dried Tomato Pomace. I'm no expert, but, I would feed this to my dogs. ;)

Members online

No members online now.