Oh dear!

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
I think I have just bought a Papillon bitch. :yikes:

She comes from incredible bloodlines, her whole family were champions and she is from a very strong English line which will help strenghten Travis's faults. She is 5 weeks old tomorrow. Paul is going to kill me!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Congrats :)

its better to ask forgiveness than permission! lol

PICTURES????

What color is she?

puppydog

Oi vey! I know, and he will end up adoring her anyway.
She is sending me pictures just now. She is a red sable like Ben was. Apparently she has a crufts winner in her line too. Le sigh! I know this is going to cause so much sh*t but it is going to be worth it.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Let her give Paul lots of puppy kisses and I bet he will fall in love.

puppydog

The thing is, I have to break it to Paul way before she arrives, this is an end April arrival. I am actually quite nervous, he is pretty serious on the no more dogs issue.

Lolas Dad

I can see the Honey Mooners episode now when Alice got a dog. Ralph brought it back to the pound and not only wound up taking back the dog he was dropping off but 3 more.

actony1

Cool Dude
Lol, yeah I was in a similar situation once. There were a few awkward days, but eventually all was well. I agree with Fransheska, sometimes it is easier to get forgiveness than permission. Best of Luck!

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
haha Pff he will get over it, My parents did not know i was getting teagan until the day before I brought her home. They got over it really fast as soon as I showed them pictures, now they treat Teagan and call her their grandaughter LOL!

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
They get over it really fast. My ex (ok that doesn't sound good, I swear it wasn't over the dog) said "no more dogs" - he went to a military school that kept him out of the house for almost a month...he came home to a hostile GSD that has never liked him. That was over a year ago. :D

It's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission, Fran's right.

Gypsydals

Puppydog let me know how it goes. I soooooooo want a liver bitch out of an upcoming litter and hubby is dead set about no more dogs.

CaliTerp07

Yikes...I hope you sit down and have a serious conversation before you bring the little girl home. Only you know your husband, but I wouldn't bank on "oh, he'll come around when he sees how cute she is!" That's just going to breed resentment in the future...

Maura

My husband did NOT want another dog after my standard poodle died. I wanted five years, then told him, "You know I'm getting another dog, right?" He was not happy. He went with me to pick out the puppy, which was the last one. He liked the puppy because it didn't jump on people. It took a day or two, but he ended up loving Hamish. It took about five minutes for him to start telling me how I was training the puppy all wrong, and another five minutes for him to work on tug with the puppy.

I think you need to let DH know you are intent on showing dogs, and that there is a fantastic puppy available. He'll look sad, but probably come around. He's going to probably agree to the puppy, not because he wants another puppy, but because he wants you to be happy (and happy with him). Remind him that a drinking is more expensive.

Members online

No members online now.