Jasper and Yarrow pics

Kootenay

Went out for our usual daily walk and I brought the camera along today. Yarrow looks really different these days because he shed out basically his entire undercoat (which was insanely thick). So he's looking pretty bald and skinny! Jasper hasn't started shedding yet.

More...

Xandra

Love the first pic of Yarrow lying down!

I love them both, they are stunning.

I wish Kastle would howl! Such neat pics :)
I try to get Roman to howl all the time, I think he's done it once and I wasn't around to reward him :(

Kootenay

Yarrow didn't howl for quite a while, the first time he did it was the first time he heard sirens. And then I couldn't get him to do it again for a while. Eventually we found that if multiple people howled very enthusiastically, he would join in. Now he'll do it whenever anyone howls and I started working on him howling when I say "howl" or make a hand signal. Depends on if he's feeling "talkative"!

Equinox

The howling photos are gorgeous! Trent used to howl as a puppy - in response to a recorder or a wooden flute - but then we never came up with a cue for it and he grew out of it. Now I wish he hadn't!

By the way, I love that whenever you post photos/a video of Yarrow playing with another dog, it's almost always the other dog snarking at/harassing Yarrow or telling him off (thinking of the video with his Coolie friend, and that photo you had of Yarrow and the Doxie). Not so much a big bad wolf as he is a good natured one? :D

Kootenay

By the way, I love that whenever you post photos/a video of Yarrow playing with another dog, it's almost always the other dog snarking at/harassing Yarrow or telling him off (thinking of the video with his Coolie friend, and that photo you had of Yarrow and the Doxie). Not so much a big bad wolf as he is a good natured one? :D
Totally! He's always getting told off by other dogs...not his fault he's so big and juuuuust getting over his clumsiness! Plus he tends to be way overly loving and it starts to annoy other dogs..he just won't stop kissing them. Him and his Coolie friend Tamlyn are the funniest. Tamlyn is SO little compared to him but completely dominates their play ALWAYS! I actually have to step in quite frequently to "save" Yarrow.

Equinox

Totally! He's always getting told off by other dogs...not his fault he's so big and juuuuust getting over his clumsiness! Plus he tends to be way overly loving and it starts to annoy other dogs..he just won't stop kissing them. Him and his Coolie friend Tamlyn are the funniest. Tamlyn is SO little compared to him but completely dominates their play ALWAYS! I actually have to step in quite frequently to "save" Yarrow.
Poor baby! He just sounds like the sweetest guy...can't wait to see the fun he'll have with the future puppy :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.