Does you dog not like anyone?

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Teagan does not like my brothers bestfriend Brandon. Brandon has known Teagan ever since she was a little pup. He would play with her we would go to the DP together. He would bring his GSD Mindy. And when he would come over she would be excited to see him

But ever since Mindy attacked Teagan last May she hates him. Ignores him, won't go up to him. Won't even take cheese from him. if he tosses food to her she will ignore it until he is not looking then she gobbles it up. If I am around she follows me around the house like a clingy baby. When he comes near me she hides behind me.

The weird thing is that she is fine with Mindy who was the one who did attack her. I wonder what goes on in her little terrier mind.

We are working at it and it has got better.

So does anyone else have a dog that loaths a certain person/people?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Summer loves everyone and with Mia its more of a 'wow she actually likes you!" versus a "wow she doesn't like you!"

Umm . . . yes! But in Kharma's case, she might ACT like she likes you for her own nefarious purposes :eek: Or she might just let you know immediately. The Fila Glare can get pretty obvious.

Bimmer dislikes certain people -- usually on sight. Tallulah has learned the hard way to not trust anyone to be friends right away; she makes you PROVE you aren't going to reject her before she unthaws.

filarotten

Fila the love
Yep, but I'm used to my dogs not liking everyone. They tolerate most people, but there are only a few that they adore.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
A random guy called to Mia today at the park and she ran up and let him pet her, I was SHOCKED to say the least. That just doesn't happen often.

Maggie is afraid of most people. I'm always proud of her when she makes a friend. She has about 5-6 human friends, including me and Justin, and everyone else she is afraid of.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Mine are both too friendly for their own good! Although I expect that could change for Quinn when she gets over her puppy sillies - when we met her sire's littermate she was a sweet dog and would come for pats when you called her over, but other than that she wanted nothing to do with anyone who was not her family!

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Sierra loves everyone.

She growled at a guy once, who was stumbling along the sidewalk who was obviously under the influence of some pretty hefty drugs. I think she knew he was sketchy. Otherwise, she's been exuberantly friendly to every human she's met.

Brattina88

... only one person immediately popped into my mind. My x.

Basically I let myself be talked into going out with him several times. After a couple of dates, he wanted to hang out, so I suggested walking with me and Missy. We met at the park... and she wanted to EAT him. I've never seen her react so strongly to someone before. It was all of the training & handling that I could do to keep her under control. We did walk, but only briefly, and I just ended up going home after a bit. Maddie wasn't very crazy about him either, but she just pretty much ignored him.

That should've been my first, last, and only needed warning. Lesson learned..... He was NOT a nice guy. :( He became very controlling very quickly after that .... anyway....

Other than the guy who flashed me at the park and the guy who was hiding in the bushes by my house my dogs have NEVER reacted to ANYONE like that ;) but that was the only time that was unprovoked, so to say.

elegy

overdogged
the bulldogs pretty much love everybody.

steve... not so much. when he likes you, he really realllllly likes you, but there are some people he just really really really *doesn't* like. and he will *not* be swayed. i think it's got to do with tendencies to loom over and/or stare at him.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Lizzie is very cautious around people that smoke heavily - to the point where they smell like it all the time.

But I can't think of a certain person the dogs just *dislike*. They don't like our neighbor boy, because he's teased them in the past (since been resolved, though). They will bark if he's near the fence, but that's it.

Bjorn-He does NOT like men!! Any men (except my brother)

Gunnar-HATES my brother!!! My brother didnt spend much time with him when he was a pup. The second Gunnar sees him he starts barking at him.

Everyone else are fine with people.

Paige

Let it be
Bandit likes other people but he isn't obvious about it. He'll sit by someone if he wants to be pet and that's it.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Jack pretty much likes everyone. BUT, evvvery so often we'll run across someone creepy that just rubs him the wrong way and he might bark at them. That's very rare though. He's funny though in that he LOVES greeting, but is only super warm and lovey with select people. With most people once he was met them he's on to the next thing.

Sally is timid with strangers, so it's rare that she just likes people on sight. With most people though, if you give her a chance to warm up to them, she likes them. The one exception I can think of is my father in law, but I think it has less to do with him personally and more to do with the fact that he has a HUGE beard.

Dogs6

Plus One
Fudge really doesn't like many people. There are people he will tolerate,people he likes and people he LOVES!! The only person I can think of that he really loathes is my uncle.
I think the reason for that is that my uncle lives in England and has never met Fudge. The first time they met was on Mothers day when my uncle decided to surprise my granny by coming over unexpectedly. My Granda let him in and he snuck upstairs and jumped out on my granny which made her scream. My granny is one of the three people in the world Fudge loves so he decided after that that he hated my uncle.

My uncle came over last weekend and Fudge had definitely NOT forgotten. Every time my uncle moved Fudge was barking. Even after all weekened of my uncle trying to make friends with him Fudge would seem to settle down and then immediately start barking again if he moved.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
The poodles love everyone and love other dogs. Tsuki is wary around my sister bf (I don't blame her) and often barks at him alerting me to his presence when he's in the house sometimes (he lives her). Stryder is wary around men, and won't really go up to people on his own, though if he's with the group of them he will sometimes get jealous and go for pets too. Kiba LOVES people, though she and Stryder sound vicious demanding people to come over and pet them.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Ares and Nyx. I wouldn't say they dislike anyone, it's more of a not caring.

And "anyone" includes me, although at almost 11 years old, Ares is starting to decide that maybe I'm OK. I'm not even sure he likes himself though. :lol-sign:

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Well, it's weird because TWO of my dogs hated the SAME person. He's kind a jerk, and likes to annoy/bully dogs for sh*ts and giggles, so I don't blame them, but I just found it weird because the dogs were mother/daughter (the mom died when the pup was 4 weeks old, so it wasn't a learned behavior), and neither dog had EVER bitten anyone, or even growled, but BOTH dogs, bit this guy. My Silky Terrier, Princess, saw him one day, and just RAN at him, and bit him in the leg! Completely random!!! And then when she passed away, and we had Lucy, we were out of town, and we asked the same guy's wife to come over and feed/check on her while we were gone. She (unfortunately) brought the guy with her, and when they opened the door, Lucy LAUNCHED herself at this guy, and they had to corner her into a room, shut the door, get our OVEN MITTS, and grab her with them in order to get everything done that they needed to get done. Completely weird, and he was the only guy that either of them ever did this to at all. They LOVED people....

Argon isn't very stranger friendly, but he isn't aggressive either. Except for one instance, when he charged a visting repair man. The man took one step in the door, and Argon was flying for him, teeth bared and growling. I have no idea what set him off. That was a year ago, and he's not acted that way since.

BostonBanker

Meg thinks everyone in the world is a delightful gift to her. She particularly liked the odd man who lived down the street and enjoyed petting her - you know, until he borrowed a gun, shot up a house on our street, the local elementary school, and killed two women.

And they say dogs have instincts.

Members online

No members online now.