Help. Buying a dog to match my kid's stuffed animal

cookie

I am buying a dog for my daughter and would like to match it to her old stuffed animal. She owned it while she was a child and is now a teenager.

I am unsure of what dog breed it is or resembles.

If you can help out it would mean the world to her sweet 16. Thanks

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
For those that can't see: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_LGGsPqxsCqg/SgGg8q4qQeI/AAAAAAAAJUs/d7elKnray5o/s912/DSC03593.JPG

That dog looks like a mutt to me. I would be hesitant to get a dog for someone else. If your daughter really wants a dog and you want to give one as a gift, why not start researching together and find a dog that would fit your family? If she's going to be caring for a dog, she needs to be the one that wants it and picks it out.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
So your daughter is 16...are you going to take care of the dog when she goes to college? What about if she starts dating a lot, are you going to be willing to take over the walks?

Picking a dog based solely on appearance is about the worst way to go about choosing a pet that SHOULD be with your family anywhere from 10-15 years, depending on breed and age at the time of purchase/adoption. It can be a starting point, but so many other factors are involved in choosing the right pet.

Does your daughter even want a dog? What is she looking for? I really hope she's not one of those girls just wanting a "purse accessory".

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Laurelin!! You're not supposed to get them wet!! sheesh Next you'll be feeding your dog after midnight. :eek: :rofl1:

Too freaking funny, Laur :hail:

And yes, Cookie, looking for a dog under those criteria and for those reasons has all sorts of potential for disaster -- for the poor dog.

Dayaxaron

new dog

Do you really think it is a good idea to get a dog as a gift? and to base it on a stuffed animal ?

Please do not think i am rude here, but mayby you should think it over

Daniell

Members online

No members online now.