Which of these breeds of dog is most likely to be snappy?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It's sad that so many people have such bad experiences with toy dogs.

Think about it logically, though... these are breeds bred TOTALLY for companionship. Why on earth would they be bred to be snippy?

A well bred, well trained toy dog is one of the most delightful personalities. They're so full of love and companionship with such dynamic personalities...

There were so many toy breeds I didn't care for at all until I met some WELL BRED dogs at shows. You'd be amazed the difference.

Unfortunately most people see the byb/pet store versions owned by people who view them as fashion accessories.

S

Squishy22

You can count on each of those breeds being snappy if they were produced by a byb.

I have seen some EXTREMELY aggressive family of 3 bichons, a JRT, and a chihuhua that attacked me when I was 9. All of them were products of BYBs.

On the other hand, get any of those breeds from a reputable breeder and they should be very stable temperamental wise. JRTs are just VERY high strung, they are terriers.

S

Squishy22

A family friend has 5 chihuahuas and one min pin. Those dogs are the sweetest little things. All the chihuahuas want to do is lay in your lap, lick your arm, and gaze into your eyes. The min pin will bring you all his toys pestering you to play with him over and over and over, lol. Of course min pins are terriers at heart.

Dekka

Just try me..
Least snappy? probably the Bichon. Haven't met enough Chihuahuas to form a judgement about snappiness.

I have yet to meet a Jack Russell that didn't want to rip mine or my dogs head off.
Wow that sux for you. NONE of my JRTs are the least bit HA. One is DR. Where are you going where you meet so many horrid JRTs? (you need to go to a JRT trial)

S

Squishy22

A neighbour owns a 2yr old chihuaha who I often see showing signs of aggression towards her and her 2 young children. I brought the subject up with her recently and she told me "shes no more snappy than a jack russell or bichon!" (She knows I like those 2 breeds) And seemed very offended about what I said.

I was only thinking about her children, I dont think its right for that dog to be around them or any other small child. Last month she told me herself the vet went to examine the dog's teeth and she tried to attack him, he refused to do it and told her he has concerns about such a dog living with 2 small children.
That is very sad, and it pisses me off that so many breeders and owners are giving chihuahuas a bad name.

I have a 3 year old chihuahua. She lets my 5 month old grab her, pull her ears, pinch her skin, and chomp on her head. My chi just sits there licking my daughter to death.

Members online

No members online now.