What do you think of the Dog food recall???

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
It's pretty ironic how Science Diet canned is tainted as well... being that it is 'vet recommended' and everything
I bet the vets will still be pushing that crap tomorrow. Even as we speak, Science Diet has sent them a "fact sheet" and they are showing it to their clients. I really don't think vets actually feed that crap to their pets themselves. I mean, you have to have an IQ to get through vet school.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
^^^ My vet feeds Science Diet to her dogs =/ Their coats look like absolute crap. Her rottie has had all kinds of tumors removed as well...

There is a vet on another forum that I won't name (because I can't stand the members) who always pushes Science Diet. In their food recall thread, he posted a link to a recall with "Wild Kittie" (which I guess is a frozen raw diet). He said he would only feed Science Diet because of all their studies and testing. He believes in "science" over fad diets, and says that a low quality food is the same as a high quality food. Brainwashed, he is...

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
because of all their studies and testing.
Whenever I assess myself I always do really well.

Back to the rule: Never believe a study paid for and done by someone who has something to gain or lose.

No cases have been connected to Science Diet yet- they did a voluntary recall of the handful of canned diets co-manufactured by Menu. Seems like the main problems are with Special Kitty (Wal-Mart store brand) and Iams pouches. Cats are definitely suffering worse than dogs.

Epidemiologists have yet to figure out *what* it is that's causing this... On necropsy, the kidneys look very similar to animals that have suffered antifreeze or lily poisoning.

Cornell's diagnostic lab is trying to determine the toxin, but no luck yet...

And frankly, this is going to cost the pet food companies millions... obviously they are not doing this for profit. Their quality control is very strict primarily to avoid something like this. They will have a hard time recovering financially, and I'm sure they have lost the trust of many pet owners.

It is never in a company's best interest to kill its consumers...

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Stealth, the thing with Quality Control is, no matter how strict you are, when you outsource, you also outsource quality.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
and add to the recall list ...
http://hubpages.com/hub/Menu_Foods_Dog_Food_Recall

This is NOT a part of the Menu Foods Recall List but is part of the recall.

1. Country Value Puppy
2. Country Value Adult Dog Food
3. Country Value High Energy Dog Food
4. Diamond Premium Adult Dog Food
5. Diamond Hi-Energy Dog Food
6. Diamond Maintenance Dog Food
7. Diamond Professional for Adult Dogs
8. Diamond Performance Dog Food
9. Diamond Puppy Food
10. Diamond Low Fat Dog Food
11. Professional Chicken & Rice Adult Dog Food
12. Professional Puppy Food
13. Professional Large-Breed Puppy Food

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Let's hear it for Outsourcing and not being there to oversee the crap you put inside your label.

Diamond? Again?

The thing is, there's a real pattern here.There isn't one food on the whole list any of us would feed our pets, even if they weren't tainted. Ingredients alone tell you just how much a company cares about the well-being of animals, don't you think?

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Incidentally, my friend's cat who went into renal failure the day before the recall publicity is now home. IAMS was fed. We did have one cat death attributed to IAMs lot codes that one was publicized here. I am sure there are plenty more sick animals or dying animals owned by people who aren't tuned in to things, especially when it comes to cats, because they hide illness so well until it's practically too late.

Members online

No members online now.