The dog musing/vent thread

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
That doesn't surprise me at all, haha. There is a LOT to be said for dogs like that, especially when she is also totally devoted to you.
Oh yeah, I definitely don't take her for granted. She's so completely easy and fun. I'd love to find another dog that was so bombproof one day.

We get to go to tricks class tonight. It's always fun to work with her.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

If it looks vaguely human, it is automatically Summer's best friend. Summer has more best friends than anyone else I know.

It is probably telling that most stores and things we go to or go into people yell "Summer! Hi Summer!'

Monday at the vet she jumped from the floor to the table (long jump for short dog!) to cram herself into the vet's arms. :eek:
Sounds like Buddy, who is like "OMG human your my best friend ever!!!" He doesn't judge lol.

Sekah

The Monster.
I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME TRAIN COHEN TO SHAMEFACE.

I'm going to try a light bungie around her nose (like what comes attached to some clickers). But so far targeting, shaping, luring and capturing have yet to work. My dog has a better vocabulary than I do, but somehow this one is eluding her.

Finally found a source for raw for Gage that doesn't involve me thawing and portioning up 30lb boxes of chicken backs and necks (which I will still do but I don't want it to be his main source is all), and Bristol refuses to eat any of it, last time it was Diesel, this time he will eat the chicken so far so YAY. But Bristol would eat most anything last time damned dog. So any ideas to help encourage her would be great.

Sekah

The Monster.
Finally found a source for raw for Gage that doesn't involve me thawing and portioning up 30lb boxes of chicken backs and necks (which I will still do but I don't want it to be his main source is all), and Bristol refuses to eat any of it, last time it was Diesel, this time he will eat the chicken so far so YAY. But Bristol would eat most anything last time damned dog. So any ideas to help encourage her would be great.
hunger is the best spice

DJEtzel

^ poor guy. He looks super cute and tiny! What breed guesses?

Fingers crossed for him! :)
He's listed as a Chi mix - about 7yrs old. I haven't seen him in person yet, just heard about him and lots of pictures. The earset kind of looks corgi to me if he's a little larger, but who knows! We'll have to see how he acts once he's feeling better. He's pretty miserable right now. :(

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
hunger is the best spice
Agreed. While I do not feed raw, I do switch their kibble to a different protein source to prevent allergies and every once and a while one of them will go on a hunger strike, the most I have had a dog to is 5 days before they caved after they realized that I am more stubborn then they are and I control the food so ... Lol.

My dad doesn't agree with that. He says that "forcing " them to skip meals and giving them 20 min to eat lol. It's not cruel, I am not withholding food from them, they are choosing not to eat it xD

DJEtzel

Picking little guy (named "First dog" at AC) in the am and have a vet visit scheduled. Talked to AC (I call them daily for work) and it's mostly just road rash from a car accident, really bad on his back. No broken bones apparent. Their vet put him on antibiotics and pain meds that he's been on for 8 days, now. And she giggled and said, "Not that I think you'll have a problem, but the officer did put a caution tag on his file." I said, "I think we'll turn that around real fast." Poor guy seems miserable, I don't blame him for being grouchy. :(

I'll be needing name suggestions next!

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Picking little guy (named "First dog" at AC) in the am and have a vet visit scheduled. Talked to AC (I call them daily for work) and it's mostly just road rash from a car accident, really bad on his back. No broken bones apparent. Their vet put him on antibiotics and pain meds that he's been on for 8 days, now. And she giggled and said, "Not that I think you'll have a problem, but the officer did put a caution tag on his file." I said, "I think we'll turn that around real fast." Poor guy seems miserable, I don't blame him for being grouchy. :(

That's so awesome that you're able to foster and help this guy out!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Roadie.

Okay, maybe not....LOL

I'm sure he'll turn around once he's in a new environment and not so ouchy!

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Harleigh gets so spoiled at the vet. She went today for nail trim, rabies shot, and heartworm test.

We were there for maybe 30 minutes and in that 30 minutes she consumed (from everyone in the office): 3 bones and a handful of beef jerky :rolleyes:

Fatty. (though she had lost a pound and now weighs 65 even, lol)

DJEtzel

That's so awesome that you're able to foster and help this guy out!
I was taking hiatus for a while, but it is nice to get back. I like the harder dogs, whether it's age wise, behavior, or medical. In this case it's a little of all three! XD

Roadie.

Okay, maybe not....LOL

I'm sure he'll turn around once he's in a new environment and not so ouchy!
LOL I don't know if the rescue will be as amused by that name as I was! Definitely anxious to see what he's like, but I'm sure the only reason he was snappy was because of the pain he's in. The gal said it was bad, but I know people who have been able to pet him just fine... it was probably a lot of shock for him. :( I could name him Shock? or Shocktop and put a beer spin on it? lol

xpaeanx

I like Roadie the best. :)

But if you want a tire company that they probably won't guess the connection, there is Cooper tires.

Still... Roadie is just awesome. Name him that. Do it.

Members online

No members online now.