What is wrong with people???

Snark

Mutts to you
My neighbor stopped by last night and told me someone tied a deaf white boxer in the shed behind an old house on their property (it was the original house on the property but neighbors built a new one on the other side). Luckily she goes by the old house on a regular basis but had no idea there was a dog in the shed. She thought she heard a dog bark a day or so ago but couldn't tell where it was coming from.
Anyway, the poor thing is nothing but skin and bones and she found out it was deaf because someone wrote 'deef' on its ear. She contacted the Humane Society and was told they'd probably put the dog to sleep rather than try to adopt it out, so she's keeping it.
I'd like to find the idiot who left the dog and tie them out for a couple of days in this frigid weather without food or water...:madgo:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Mentally putting the person out in the same place and writing heartless across their forehead. Man I wish People could receive what they dish out. Bless her heart for keeping the dog.

ACooper

Man I wish People could receive what they dish out.
Agreed. And you know what? I think they do........they might not get tied up and left for dead, but they WILL get their payment someday in one form or another :mad: If I couldn't believe that, I just don't think I'd go in on this world.

I am very happy your friend found him in time and has the ability to save him from the shelter! HOORAY! :)

Doberluv

Kudos to your friend. I'm so glad she's keeping him. The poor thing. Yup...people like that make me sick. I wish they could get what they dish out, the sick bustards! Maybe you can let us know how he does with your friend. She is an angel for saving him.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
shes an angel
deafies unless they go into specific rescues dont do well in the shelter, around here unless there pulled quick by rescue or adopted within 5 days there PTS for being "undesireable and dangerous" *rolls eyes*

i realy hope karma finds that idiot and offers him a swift kick!

Why the heck would they be dangerous? Why didn't they just take the dog to a a rescue/use craigslist/newspaper, anything is better then leaving a dog to starve or freeze to death!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Kharma has found 2 of the people that harmed me most so I have faith.

jesirose

Why the heck would they be dangerous? Why didn't they just take the dog to a a rescue/use craigslist/newspaper, anything is better then leaving a dog to starve or freeze to death!
A deaf dog is dangerous because they are easy to sneak up on and scare. A scared dog is a dangerous dog.

I am not sure exactly where you are, but there are a few boxer rescues in the midwest that may be able to take the dog if she doesn't want to keep it long term.

But tell her thank you and kudos!

Mentally putting the person out in the same place and writing heartless across their forehead. Man I wish People could receive what they dish out.
My thought exactly, Smkie. May the person who abandoned that poor dog in that manner someday be afforded the same level of "mercy" dished out to that poor dog.

To the OP: Agree with an earlier poster ... tell your neighbor thanks for saving that poor dog. She was his guardian angel. :)

Snark

Mutts to you
Neighbor says he's a real sweetheart - was just happy to see someone. She thinks he's a young dog, maybe one or two? I'll probably get to see him this weekend... I'll keep you posted...

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WEll prayers and vibes for his future. I wish there was more I could do. IF there is ever a chance for a pic? I would like to see him. (((((HUGS)))) to your friend. As bad as it is to know there are people in this world who would do something like that, it is as good to find people who do what needs to be done.

Members online

No members online now.