UGH. Luke The Pencil Eater

Chewbecca

feel the magic
So, Luke snagged a pencil out of my son's book bag, and managed to eat, like, half of it.
I managed to dig out most of the eraser and metal from his mouth, but he ate like half the wood. Just chomped it right up.

How concerned should I be?
It was just a regular #2 pencil.

That freakin' dog is going to be the death of me.

Not too, lol. These dogs will eat pretty much anything that won't eat them first -- and they'll go for that, too, if they can get a head start.

But if he starts scooting his butt across the floor, check to see if he's writing any important messages . . .

Locke

I would be a bit concerned, mostly because it's a rigid object with pointy edges that could very easily scratch or tear the intestines. Even if he did chew it well, I would be concerned about splinters in the throat.

I've heard really bad stories about dogs eating sticks and a pencil is "stick-like" enough for me to be a bit concerned.

The wood should soften up pretty thoroughly, and if Luke's anything like Tallulah, he's chewed it pretty thoroughly with those back molars.

Some peanut butter on bread might lube it and cushion it though.

M

MyHorseMyRules

The wood should soften up pretty thoroughly, and if Luke's anything like Tallulah, he's chewed it pretty thoroughly with those back molars.

Some peanut butter on bread might lube it and cushion it though.
This. Keep an eye on him, but no worries. He'll be fine.

Members online

No members online now.