My first Dog

What do you usually have for breakfast? :)

• Cereal

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Bread (Muffins, toast..)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eggs

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Pancakes, Waffles

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
I got my first doggy when I was in kindergarten. When I came home from my first day of school, what was waiting to greet me was my little Golden retriever (Oliver). :p He was a rescue and was 4 years old. It was the most surprising moment of my life since my parents never told me, and it was a very happy moment too. When I was 7, I fell out of a tree and was unconscious. I don't even remember what happened but my sister told me that Oliver stood by me and just barked. My dad went to see what was up since Oliver hardly ever barked and found me. I was rushed tot he hospital but turned out to be OK. :thumbup: thanks to Oliver!

Sadly, when Oliver was twelve, he died of cancer. But I'm glad that I had him for a great amount of time.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
touching story

and cereal lol I would like to eat pancakes or something yummier but im always in a rush. lucky charms

mrose_s

BusterLove
Oliver sounds like a special.

Cereal usually, because its easy and atm if I eat breakfast it keeps me full most of the day. So a small bowl of Sustain with soymilk and fresh strawberry's keeps me full till lunch.
I'm loving having my dads chickens here because I can finally eat eggs again. Or I'll have a banana and blueberry smoothie.

Other! I usually eat what most people would consider lunch when I get up.

My first dog I can remember was a Dachshund named Gus. My dad had a friend whose brother was moving and they needed a home for their dog. I was 4 and we all got into the car and went over and took him home with us. The kids were blubbering when we left, and my dad gave them a silver dollar each (Real silver, back then), and told them they could visit him anytime, but they never did.

Gus wasn't exactly the "calm and quiet dog" he was claimed to be. He was very dominant, and got nasty if he was made to move off the bed or couch. He bit my parents and sister several times (Not much of a bite), but never bit me. He had a habit of going in the house too, and I remember my dad washing my feet off in the shower after I stepped in it when going to the bathroom. We cured his pooping in the house by putting him outside just before bedtime, and as soon as we got up. No waiting, we just took him to the door, hooked him to his line, and out he went, no matter how bad the weather..

He loved little kids, and would tolerate puppies doing anything to him, but if you yelled at him, he would usually start growling, and if you even just tapped him with a paper (Not even as hard as a normal pat on the shoulder), he would snap. When he was seven, he was diagnosed with kidney failure, and at the same time, it was discovered I was allergic to dogs and about 60 other things, and the doctor said Gus had to go. And soon he was gone. I didn't get any better, and about a year later, we got our Beagle, Farfel. Who I had until he keeled over dead at 12. By the time I was 15, I wasn't allergic to dogs anymore. And after having a cat for 16+ years, I'm not allergic to them anymore, either.

Members online

No members online now.