On the subject of Filas...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
For some reason this dog looks more like a neo mix.
That's what I thought!

Renee, I wasn't talking about the sloping rear in Filas all together, but in these dogs in particular. They seem a lot more sloped than what I see, though it could be partially in the way they're standing, i suppose.

S

Squishy22

That's what I thought!

Renee, I wasn't talking about the sloping rear in Filas all together, but in these dogs in particular. They seem a lot more sloped than what I see, though it could be partially in the way they're standing, i suppose.
I agree. Thats the very first thing I noticed. I thought it looked like a deformity in my opinion. The dogs Renee posted do not have such long back legs and short front legs like the ones you posted.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
If it helps, here is the breed standard: http://www.arba.org/FilaBS.htm

I tend to like dogs similar to the second batch you posted. While looks are important, I care much much more about temperament and a fila being the right match for us. I am really leaning towards the looks of basin filas, though I don't know much about their breeding practices as I've only looked. :p

Some of those show dogs did look exaggerated, but that's what you get when you have people who are breeding for a physical standard and a "look." Things start going to extremes - like the modern GSD :rolleyes:

The thing that struck me about them was how slight of bone they are. Look at the working dogs I posted. See how heavy the bone is? Almost rawboned, and definitely rangy.

Members online