Maddie and her 6 puppies...

Mach1girl

The adoption fee is $300? Ya, that's a sure fire way to get her a good home!*Rolls eyes**

ya Mach, I saw that too. I wasn't terribly impressed. I'm well aware that rescues have costs, but IMO, an adoption fee should never be more than spay/neuter costs. And then if the adopter wishes to "donate" more, then they have the option to do so. Again, just my opinion. I hope this girl and her pups find a good home that will appreciate her.

The adoption fee is $300? Ya, that's a sure fire way to get her a good home!*Rolls eyes**
For someone who claims to do so much rescuing, you would think you would know the cost involved with getting an animal ready for adoption. It's usually WAY more than $300.

The rescue group I volunteer for requires a $300 adoption fee. It's a drop in the bucket compared to what it costs to house, feed, spay or neuter, give vaccinations, deworm, heartworm test, etc etc etc. And that's just basic care. God forbid the dog have issues that need to be treated.

Adoption fees are one of the main sources of funds for rescue groups. But I suppose they could drop the fees down and not be able to afford to rescue as many dogs. Yeah that's a sure fire way to save animals. *rolls eyes*

Members online

No members online now.