Sue Ailsby's Training Levels

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I didn't see anything about this program on the forum, and I found it really interesting so figured I would share

:) The free program, has "levels" of training and takes you through each, (level 1a-7b I believe) You start with level 1 and before you can move on, you've got to perform the behaviors under the required circumstances (come from 10 ft away, sit for 30 seconds for example etc..) and also helps you with HOW to teach and what to do if you run into a problem

I haven't seen anything like that and was really happy with how it's all set up :) so if you want to check it out

http://www.sue-eh.ca/page24/page26/page10/
Just scroll down to "Next: level one"

~Tucker&Me~

I didn't read it in any sort of depth but skimming through the first page and level one, it seems like that would be a great website for new puppy-owners to go through for some ideas of how to approach the basics. It's very neatly laid out and relatively straightforward so I could see it being a great resource :)

Aleron

I went to a Sue Ailsby seminar back in 08 (I think?) and really enjoyed it! She has some interesting approaches to things and her Levels are really, really well thought out. I will probably eventually get her new levels books, although I admit that training with such a set schedule in such a precise way isn't really my style. Her Levels adapt perfectly to drop-in training classes though! I designed and taught Levels based classes for years at the place I used to work :)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I love the set-up and there are also great videos on youtube of people working on the levels! :D

love the app!!

Members online

No members online now.