A warning about CORN

mrose_s

BusterLove
okay. don't know how many people know this but i thought i should post it just to let people be aware.

when i was younger, our family (including my auntie/uncle etc) all fed corn cobs tot he dogs when the where done. they loved them.

My auntie lost a dog to this, the cob got stuck in her intestines and she died from it.

so corncobs go straight into the wheely bins for us now. not even giving the dogs a chance to pull them out of the bin.

so whether this was a stupid mistake that shouldn't have happened or whether corn cobs is widley accepted i don't actually know. just a warning to anyone that reads this, if your dogs eat corn cobs now. stop them.

R

RedyreRottweilers

corncobs are definitely a blockage hazard. My dogs don't eat corn or corn cobs.

Doberluv

I wouldn't dream of giving my dogs something like that. I'm so paranoid. I did feed them to my horses. They could really mash them, grind them, squish them. They're built for it. But I wouldn't think it would be good for a dog. Dogs can be real pigs when they eat. They don't always chew things well. They break off a piece of something and just gulp it down.

I let my dogs nibble on cobs while I hold it but after I tried giving one to OC and saw him happily bite a chunk off and swallow, I took it away and never gave one again.

Members online

No members online now.