Holly's not afraid to run with the big dogs

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
So today I went to Petco and there was a greyhound rescue there and they had some of their dogs, as well as dogs up for adoption. So they were nice enough to allow Holly to meet and greet all the greyhounds they had with them (there was about 10 of them there). So Holly's sniffing and licking and just enjoying meeting all these other dogs and she got so comfortable in the rescue people's lap I didn't think she'd want to go home. So I left out of there and then I picked Mark up and we went to Petsmart and there was another greyhound rescue there. So Holly got to meet and play with all those greyhounds as well. There was one greyhound I was IN LOVE with. She wasn't afraid of any of them at all. I told Mark we have to bring her to the pet stores every weekend for socializing, it'll be good for her. I can't believe though how she just got right up in the pack of greyhounds and tried to get them all to play with her (they just stood there and looked at her like she was insane though).

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Awwww....:) Oh believe me the petsmart weekends are the best times to socialize tons of people and dogs :)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
That is awsome! :D Petsmart is a great place to socialize some times! :D I LOVE that place!!! :D

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
we usually go to Pet Supplies Plus but there never seems to be a lot of people in there. Petsmart and Petco usually have more. We don't usually shop there though (although some things are cheaper at those stores than at PSP). We will take Holly there strictly to be around other people and dogs.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Aww, that's really great! :) That's a really good way to socialize. I wish I lived closer to "town" so I could take my girls there regularly. Well, I really don't, but you get the picture. ;)

Wally (my Greyhound) and I think that means she wants a Greyhound of her own :)

Wally has actually been an amazing tool for me to use when it comes to other dogs. He is quick to correct when a dog is being innapropriate (he demands well mannered pups), but he is also patient and is very good at doggy signals. He has helped not only fearful dogs, but has also helped dog aggressive dogs (learned dog aggression, not inherent) get over their fears.

I support the idea of a Greyhound in every home ;)

darkchild16

We are Home.
me too sismorphine. my puppy that was raised with our grey thinks he is one. he seems to love greys over anyother breed of dog LOL!!! and having sciracco around really helped me tame my wild crazy mutt lol. while wearing him out geting him to chase him around the yard LMAO!!!

I dont have a greyhound......... yet. In time I will but its gonna be a few years. I think greyhounds are just gorgeous dogs. Theres about 5 that go regularly to the leash free I take Duke to and he thinks he is part of there pack. lol. He plays with one all the time and theres 2 of them that he will just sit with and give kisses too. lol, He is just too cute with them. He use to be unsure of them, never bark or anything but would keep his distance but now if he see's or hears them come into the park no matter where he is Duke needs to run and find them and stay beside the greys the whole time he's at the park.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I'd love to have one they seem like awesome dogs. I'm trying to convince my in-laws they need a retired greyhound. That way I figure we can atleast see it every weekend so I can get my greyhound fix.

Members online