Introducing Myself

bing

Web Geek
Hello everyone!

I just thought I would say hello to all of you and introduce myself.

I have three furry kids, Lexie, Hannah, and Chloe. The are all Pugs. They are six, five, and four. The first two are from a breeder before I had any knowledge of rescues. The third one, Chloe, was a stray (and she has the street attitude to boot).

By day, I am a web developer / software programmer. In a nutshell, I develop web sites and web based software. By evening, I help with the Pug Rescue Network.

That's about it. If someone here is having problems programming in PHP or has a Pug question, I am here. :)

Bing

Hi Bing, Welcome to the Dog Forums!
You have been around the dog/pet world online forever. Glad to have someone as web knowledgable as you join up. Be sure to post your Pugs :)

Chazhound

bing

Web Geek
Thanks!

Oliver and Harley were fosters from the rescue. Unfortuanately, Oliver has since passed. Harley, however, is doing quite well. With the ladies as well:

Harley on Prom Night

bing

Web Geek
As of Monday of this week, I now have a foster to go with my three Puggies. Poor guy was an owner surrender because he smells yeasty.

http://www.pugrescuenetwork.com/pug_rescue_network_adoption_available_pugs.php?show_detail=103

He's on some meds and shampoo. I am thinking about getting an alergy test for him so we would be treating the cause of the skin condition, not the symtoms.

If anyone here is familiar with this kind of thing, please let me know.

We also have another one enroute with mange. Any suggestions on that would be great!

Bing

Hi Bing, congrats on your newest addition!
You may want to check the Dog Health forum and see if there is any information there for skin problems or just ask for help there.

Chazhound

I'll second Karen. Definitely check out the info on yeast at the Great Dane Lady site. Allergies are typically a symptom of yeast, not the other way around, so if you treat the allergies, you're still treating symptoms.

Members online

No members online now.