Whisper attacks out of no where...

Well, today I was outside, and I called her.. And she groweled, and lunged at me... And bit me.. My reaction was slapping her in the nose... :( ug.. She does th is constantly.. And I know I am doing this all wrong.. Once she is bigger.. Then there is no way we can keep her.. Because my mother won't pay for the behaviorist when she is older.. I know it.. But does this mean puppy classes? I don't know.. She will be 10 weeks on Wednesday.. Thank you for reading!

Brattina88

Even if she wasn't growling at you I would recomend puppy classes...

Have you read all of the stickies on this section of the forum?

Julie

I am back again.
Remember she is a puppy... a ten week lab or a ten month lab can get wild....... You need to learn how to control yourself including a reaction. At this tender age you can do more harm than good if you use the wrong training techniques.

I am sure you will get better info than I could explain....And it really is a good idea to read past posts, and stickies that relate to your problems.

:)

Julie

I am back again.
I just wanted to add, if you don't think you can keep her (handle her and Hershey) when she is bigger, then you should probably start searching for a home for her that can handle her.... And I don't mean an ad in the paper. :) She will have far less "baggage" now, than later.

Oh, I mean, if her behavior continues. heh, I can handle her, but if the behavior continues in the future, I don't think my mom will be able to handle it, or me for that matter. But right now, I can handle it since she is little. And shorts, and puppy teeth don't mix. lol

And what stickies are you guys talking about?

Julie

I am back again.
Oh, I mean, if her behavior continues. heh, I can handle her, but if the behavior continues in the future, I don't think my mom will be able to handle it, or me for that matter. But right now, I can handle it since she is little. And shorts, and puppy teeth don't mix. lol

And what stickies are you guys talking about?
That is my point, a small puppy is easier to manage..... than an untrained or poorly trained adult dog that is 75 lbs. For the most part it is also easier to train a fresh young mind, than one that already has bad habits and "set in his ways" so to speak. So if you feel you can't handle her now, what will you do with two as adults? That is just the point I am trying to make.

bubbatd

I doubt at that age it's aggression !! At that age they are into prey attacks . She was taken early from her litter and is only giving you what she would have given her litter mates or momma ! Does she show any aggression with her food or toys ??

I got ya now Julie. ;) Nope, no aggression yet. I have been sticking my hand in her food while she eats, and being right next to her while she chews. :) She does nothing but chew, and play and eat when I am next to her. :)

Members online

No members online now.