Help/Advice needed immediately

nicco

Wolfpack
Hey,you guys,anyone.Do you know how to groom a cairn terrier?I mean is there a special haircut for them or their hair is just shortened by trimming?Can anyone tell me.Here the cairn terriers are few...and I have no clue.
Waiting for an answer as soon as you can.
Thanks,Nicco

RD

Are you dead yet?
It depends on what kind of grooming you want to do on the dog.

Some people just have their Cairns clipped, with the hair left on the legs and belly, others just want the coat stripped.

Debi

I had a Cairn terrior for 16 years. I just had him trimmed. I adored him, but he had the tendency to look horribly scruffy if not groomed constantly. I didn't have him trimmed in winter, poor little guy was always so cold! :D

RD

Are you dead yet?
Sorry this is probably late, but yes, quite a bit like the way you would clip (or strip) a westie or scottie. :)

pitbulliest

That reminds me..I was watching animal cops on animal planet (sometimes I hate that show)...and there was a weaton terrier getting clipped because it was abandoned by its owners...the poor thing had such matted hair that it was in terrible pain (this will happen if you don't groom your dog)...I know you haven't let it get to that stage but just thought I'd bring that up. It's sad how some people just don't give a rat's azz about their dogs or how to properly take care of them..

ANYWHO...hope your dog looks purdeee when you're done groomin it :)

nicco

Wolfpack
It's NOT my dog.I'm suppose to trimm him.His owner made an appointment at where I work and I just don't know how he is supposed to look...And Serena for me IT IS AN EMERGENCY!Thanks anyway everyone!
Kiss Kiss
Nicco

That does make it an emergency! Have you done some searches on the web? Maybe some show breeders' sites will have some good photos that will show you what he needs to look like.

RD

Are you dead yet?

RD

Are you dead yet?
Oh btw, ask them if they want him clipped or not.. If they want him clipped it's probably really easy, just look at some of the cairns on the web that are obviously clipped, and copy the one you think looks the best. (I groomed a Cairn last year, but all they wanted was to have her clipped, not stripped, so it was easy)

nicco

Wolfpack
You guys...THANKS!

Hey thanks!I don't exactly know how they want him: stripped or clipped...I will know then.By the way the cairn terrier has the appointment thursday.I hope it's not a problem with the haircut.I searched the net but everywhere says the same thing.Generally...I got the picture.Hope it will go well.
Thanks everyone for your advice!
You are the best!
Nicco :cool:

nicco

Wolfpack
Hey guys,
The haircut for the cairn terrier went very well.The owners were very pleased. They said they'll come again. I wasn't the one who stripped him,my collegue was the one who stripped him. He did a very good job...Anyway, I would have done a good job too...but...
Anyway thanks guys for all your help,
Nicco

PS: I just wanted to let you know how it went...I believe you were courious,right?
Kiss Kiss, Nicco :cool:

Members online

No members online now.