Kea and Casey

keabird

Hello all,

I just joined the forum today because I have a feeling I will be needing advice! My wife and I just brought home a little Border Collie puppy. Her name is Kea and she is just over 6 weeks old. So far we have been having lots of fun with her, and also cleaning up lots of little puddles.

Kea is named after my favorite critter (after dogs, of course). Keas are parrots that live the the alpine mountain areas of the south island of New Zealand. They are very smart and very cheeky. Our little Kea is showing those same qualities.

Here's a pic of her on the car ride home:

Edit: When I go back and look at my post, the photo doesn't show up, is this happening for everyone else?

Attachments

Last edited:

loulou

Owww your puppy is so cute,she will wee&poo everywere and chew all your furniture but collies are really quick learners and you'll forget all that stuff because she will give you both so much pleasure...good luck!

Hi and welcome :)

Kea is adorable! My puppy, Sadie is part lab/border collie, and they sure are a bundle of energy! They are smart though and quick learners.

keabird

Yeah, she's a cutie. Growing up, my family had a border collie and I feel in love with the breed. High energy! Funny thing though, I remember coming home from school and helping to house train her. All it took was a couple of no's and a couple of sessions outside and she was done. I didn't realize that my mom was doing all the work while the rest of us were away. New appreciation is starting to form....

BTW our family dog is now almost 15 years old and still has the energy of a puppy, just better manners!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Hi and welcome to Chaz! Good luck with your new pup! :D I also have a BC mix and I truly enjoy the breed and their characteristics. :)

Carolyn

ZooMaster!!
I can't see the pic either, but I'm sure she is gorgeous :)

I got a forum message saying there has been an error, so I guess it will get fixed in due course

Welcome to Chaz

keabird

I thought I would update you all now that Kea is grown up. She is going be 8 months in a week and she seems to be done with her growing. We took this picture in our back yard. Nice spring flowers in Seattle. It was hard to get this picture because Kea kept wanting to bite the heads off the flowers!

Attachments

Members online

No members online now.