Rescue/Foster people

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I need some advice reguarding this little pitbull tosa inu mix I rescued and am fostering right now.

I emailed the local Pit Bull rescue to see if they will do a courtesty listing or even help out, but I don't know if I like a rescue having full control. So I guess we will see if they reply to my email or not.

I think I might get her spayed as soon as possibe, before hopefully her first heat. She is pretty skinny and emaciated looking so I want to get some weight on her before probably the spay and get her de-wormed.

She goes for a check up and to get vaccinated tomorrow. So I guess we will see what the vet says about getting her spayed.

She is perfectly safe and welcome in my home so there is no need to find a foster, but I would love to find her the right, perfect home sooner than later so my Boyfriend does not get so attached. He really wishes we could keep her, but I dont think she will fit into the family because the potential of her being DA. Crate and rotating is not really an option right now with our active lifestyle in BC. And I want to be realistic

So any advice on how to go about advertising her would be welcome.

My friend who does alot of rescues and pulling from shelters is helping me quite a bit. But she is not a lisenced rescue as of yet, its in the process.

Also, would you suggest asking a adoption fee to cover the Spay. And whats a fair amount? I have no issues spending my own money for the vet visits and vaccinations, but it would be nice to get some money back for the spay. Or if we get donations the adoption fee with go to a rescue or to my friends rescue.

Any advice will be appreciated :)

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I need some advice reguarding this little pitbull tosa inu mix I rescued and am fostering right now.

I emailed the local Pit Bull rescue to see if they will do a courtesty listing or even help out, but I don't know if I like a rescue having full control. So I guess we will see if they reply to my email or not.
Go for it, the worst they can say is no.

I think I might get her spayed as soon as possibe, before hopefully her first heat. She is pretty skinny and emaciated looking so I want to get some weight on her before probably the spay and get her de-wormed.
Get her spayed when you're comfortable she didn't look unhealthfully skinny in the photos I saw.

She goes for a check up and to get vaccinated tomorrow. So I guess we will see what the vet says about getting her spayed.
Perfect :)

She is perfectly safe and welcome in my home so there is no need to find a foster, but I would love to find her the right, perfect home sooner than later so my Boyfriend does not get so attached. He really wishes we could keep her, but I dont think she will fit into the family because the potential of her being DA. Crate and rotating is not really an option right now with our active lifestyle in BC. And I want to be realistic
As frustrating and depressing as that can be it may be the best for you. DA can come in any dog but a rescue with unknown breeding and assumed breed origins as such can be potentially higher. I would make the same choice now in my life.

So any advice on how to go about advertising her would be welcome.
I have used Craigslist, Petstore flyers, vet office flyers, courtesy listings and adoption fair appearances to help place my fosters.

My friend who does alot of rescues and pulling from shelters is helping me quite a bit. But she is not a lisenced rescue as of yet, its in the process.

Also, would you suggest asking a adoption fee to cover the Spay. And whats a fair amount? I have no issues spending my own money for the vet visits and vaccinations, but it would be nice to get some money back for the spay. Or if we get donations the adoption fee with go to a rescue or to my friends rescue.

Any advice will be appreciated :)
I don't charge, or have not in the past, for my fosters. I figure if I cannot afford to foster I won't take one in. I do however respect adoption fees. I would base the fee at what it cost at the vet. The food, time, and energy you put into that dog is your choice and imo should not be charged to the prospective owner.

I always welcome adoption donations but never ask for a fee. All in all most everyone has donated something and I usually turned it around and used it for the next dog.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
As frustrating and depressing as that can be it may be the best for you. DA can come in any dog but a rescue with unknown breeding and assumed breed origins as such can be potentially higher. I would make the same choice now in my life.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. And I appreicate you saying that!! I need to hear that ha ha. I think its hitting Tyler pretty hard that we are not keeping her. He really likes her.

I actually do have the info of the "breeder" that I got from the girl I got Sonsa from. I might give him a call to get some more background info, but what it sounds like is that the "breeder' Is pretty skanky. :(

Members online

No members online now.