Official "Dinner" Thread

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I have meat loaf and oven fried potatoes in the oven, but i am really not feeling well and the smell is making it worse. I hope my family appreciates it.

ACooper

We are having Mustgo and I baked some cheddar bay biscuits to go with it :D

Oh, and in case anyone doesn't know what Mustgo is (Jess had no clue) it means all the leftovers in the fridge from this week MUST GO today before they go bad! hahahaha

We are having a bit of chicken & broccoli casserole, some pizza, some crispy crowns (flat tator tots) some beanie weenies, some tuna noodle, and a bit of Mexican lasagna. Oh, and the fresh cheddar bay biscuits on the side :D

It'll be like eating at Old Country Buffet! ahahhahaha

ACooper

My mom told me that my aunt makes mustgo...
but since my mom never made it, she explained it that ever leftover goes in one pot and is cook together. That scared me.

But yours sounds good :D
:eek: Everything in one pot? Yikes.........I do that for the dogs sometimes, but I don't think I could talk the kids into eating it! :rofl1:

I just warm all the bits and pieces up, put the containers out on the counter and you go through the "line" and get what you like best.........first come, first serve. Then we all sit down to dinner as usual :)

ACooper

Hey Coop ! I have a six layer dinner my family loved !
What are the layers grammy? Post the recipe in here...........it's why we made the thread, give others a hint on what to make for dinner from time to time :D I get so tired of deciding!

I can't tell you how many times I've come to this thread and been inspired :)

bubbatd

Six Layer Dinner : Grease a 2 qt. casserole . ( 8 " ) ... place 2 cups sliced raw potatoes , 2 cups chopped celery , 2 cups raw ground beef , 1 cup sliced raw onion , 1 cup of minced green onion , 2 cups of canned tomatoes . Top with green pepper slices ( I season each layer with salt and pepper . Bake at 350 for 2 hrs . ( I cover , but check after 1 1/2 hrs and if looking too " wet " will uncover . Serves six . It really is a nice blend of flavors . Back when , I only had whole toms and would cut them ... today I'd use wedges or cubes . Let me know what you think ! With hard rolls my 5 never complained ! .... this is a 1950s Betty Crocker recipe !

Miakoda

this is a 1950s Betty Crocker recipe !
I have several Betty Crocker recipe books, some from the 50's & 60's, and they ROCK! There are so many great recipes and easy ones as well!

Tonight we had moose burgers on the grill. I couldn't think of anything else.

ACooper

Six Layer Dinner : Grease a 2 qt. casserole . ( 8 " ) ... place 2 cups sliced raw potatoes , 2 cups chopped celery , 2 cups raw ground beef , 1 cup sliced raw onion , 1 cup of minced green onion , 2 cups of canned tomatoes . Top with green pepper slices ( I season each layer with salt and pepper . Bake at 350 for 2 hrs . ( I cover , but check after 1 1/2 hrs and if looking too " wet " will uncover . Serves six . It really is a nice blend of flavors . Back when , I only had whole toms and would cut them ... today I'd use wedges or cubes . Let me know what you think ! With hard rolls my 5 never complained ! .... this is a 1950s Betty Crocker recipe !
Sounds good Grammy, and definitely worth a try!
When money is tight, casseroles are a great way to stretch that dollar :)

ACooper

Tonight they are having good old fashioned meat loaf, boiled potatoes (skin ON) corn, and a tossed salad :)

I say "they" because I will be having something much lower in calories than meat loaf, LOL.......probably a salmon filet. I don't like fish, but I am trying to make myself since it's so much lower in calories and fat than other meats......*sigh*

ACooper

Tonight they had chili cheese dogs and I had crab stir fry *licks lips* Very tasty, low cal, and high in YUM! hahaha

Miakoda

Tonight they are having good old fashioned meat loaf, boiled potatoes (skin ON) corn, and a tossed salad :)

I say "they" because I will be having something much lower in calories than meat loaf, LOL.......probably a salmon filet. I don't like fish, but I am trying to make myself since it's so much lower in calories and fat than other meats......*sigh*

I made meatloaf with ground turkey a few times for myself. You need to use a bit more seasoning, but otherwise it was tasty. :D

We're having quick & easy mozzerella chicken over shells (noodles).

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Tonight I'm using up the chicken thighs I had in the freezer by making homemade chicken nuggets (kinda), with broccoli and either baby carrots or some of the frozen veggies we have kicking around. I'm trying to decide if I should make rice with it or not.

bubbatd

I'm reheating last night's lemon chicken and angel hair dish.... added a few frozen peas and sectioned a grapefruit to top with cottage cheese . Tomorrow /// no clue !

bubbatd

I really should cook more as I love leftovers . I'm swiss steak hungry which would do me 3 or 4 meals . Same with potroast . Love freezer packets !

Members online

No members online now.