Owners of many dogs of the same breed

Doberluv

My dogs couldn't be further apart, but although I rarely do, I find my parents going through every name in the house before getting the right one to the right face. they've even messed up the dogs and the Conure, yet, somehow they get the sheep right most of the time? Then there's my brother, whose decided that to him they have different names altogether, lol it's actually really cute. The worst...yes each of the 20+ (I honestly don't remember how many there are!) chickens all have names, yeah I'm crazy!
That is so common. My Mom use to address me like, "Bruno, Ginger, Sky Rocket, Carrie..." LOL. I sometimes call my son Boo boo (my nick name for Jose`) and sometimes when I'm talking about my son or Jose` to someone else, I switch their names. :rofl1: Embarrassing!:eek:

I don't tend to mix up Jose` and Chulita though, for some reason.

When I had both Crystal and Nour I'd always end up going,

"Cour, I mean, Nystal, I mean, UGH YOU!"
especially when they were doing something naughty and I needed they're attention fast. xD

(they don't even look alike, too.)

Paige

Let it be
I never got Spanky or Bandit confused despite them looking very similar. I did mix up their names lots though and I do it even more so now that all my boys start with B's. Briggs, Bandit and Brobee... and they all respond to all of htem.

Doberluv

I never got Spanky or Bandit confused despite them looking very similar. I did mix up their names lots though and I do it even more so now that all my boys start with B's. Briggs, Bandit and Brobee... and they all respond to all of htem.

That's hilarious!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Sometimes we had "Happy-Kota-Auggie" around here, but it wasn't really getting them confused. I haven't confused the current ones and I don't think I've had an "AUGGIE-PAYTON" either LOL. kind of makes me wonder why it was Happy-Kota-Auggie...
I could even tell which dog walked into the room even if I had my back to them just based on the sounds they made. I can still tell because Payton comes charging everywhere sounding like a freight train whereas Auggie more or less walks everywhere haha. Even when he comes running, it's a far more delicate run than P has LOL. I can't tell the difference between Auggie and Georgie just walking into the room though, they are both light-footed and weigh about the same.

adojrts

I might say the wrong name, but never confuse the dogs (if that makes sense). What floors me is my hub...........after all these years unless he looks closely, he still can't tell Petie and Bobbi apart sometimes.

Catsi

Ha! I have two strongly contrasting dogs... they look nothing alike. They are different colours, sizes, shapes, coat types physically and are like chalk and cheese personality wise. And I still mix them up.

One dark brindle stafford and one fawn/cream long haired chi x. My father sometimes says, 'only their mother could tell them apart' - funny man. :p

Throw a fawn/blue/brindle whippet into the mix and I'm in trouble. Poor little man is known affectionately as one of the girls.

I'll have to post some photos of them all together sometime.

Edit - Oh, and Grace responds to any name called, Abby responds to no name even her own, but she will come running if I ask Grace, 'Where is Abby?' It's a game we've played for years instead of, you know, putting in the effort to train my dog to respond to me calling her. ;) I consider it a triumph that I can get one dog to come, even if it is the 'wrong' dog. I think Grace just likes to make me feel a bit better lol

Michiyo-Fir

Um...I mix up the names of my dog and my best friend... LOL

When she's over..I call her Nia a lot...I don't think it has anything to do with looking the same hahaha

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Grant is good, so it doesn't happen to him, but once she was mobile, my daughter's name has been interchangeably used with the name of whichever Malinois currently lived here.

Actually, people have called my husband Grant. Ooops.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
I used to get their names mixed up, regardless of breed. But not so much now that I just call all of them "Idiots", "Crazies" or "TheEvil" interchangeably.

There's only one dog in the house now - so no troubles lol. And the next dog will probably be a Corgi so even less chance of getting anything mixed up.
Oh yes, a corgi will make sure you don't. Just forget there is another dog altogether and it'll be fine.;)

Members online

No members online now.