Little girl is ill

natbug

I am new here and have really enjoyed what I have read, and the pictures I am not sure how to get my dogs picture up right now but will work on it.

Raven (my dog) got sick today for the first time since I got her as a pup 5 years ago. I am a little worried I have never seen her throw up before, she has been eating a lot of grass.

I don't feed her human food other than when I have to give her some pills and then she gets cheese, I give her a egg about once a month (cooked) and she gets what is droped if it is not a lot.

I don't understand why she has gotten sick and I am wondering if I should take her to the vet? The vet thinks I am a overly worried mother so far and I am not sure he is taking me serious anymore but I know that he has taken very good care of her when there were actuall problems.

Raven has also had a runny nose. Any suggestions?

M

Manchesters

HEllO1

natbug said:
I am new here and have really enjoyed what I have read, and the pictures I am not sure how to get my dogs picture up right now but will work on it.

Raven (my dog) got sick today for the first time since I got her as a pup 5 years ago. I am a little worried I have never seen her throw up before, she has been eating a lot of grass.

I don't feed her human food other than when I have to give her some pills and then she gets cheese, I give her a egg about once a month (cooked) and she gets what is droped if it is not a lot.

I don't understand why she has gotten sick and I am wondering if I should take her to the vet? The vet thinks I am a overly worried mother so far and I am not sure he is taking me serious anymore but I know that he has taken very good care of her when there were actuall problems.

Raven has also had a runny nose. Any suggestions?
Nice ta meet ya!!

There are a few things that must be found out........is Raven on any type of heartworm preventative that also kills intestinal worms? If not, when did she last have a stool check? And the way she is fed, tell her to invite me for dinner, rofl.

How often does she get her booster shots? You are out in the neck of the woods where they have some weirdo dog diseases. One is along the lines of myococcidiosis, or some such.

What condition is her poop? Nice firm "Tootsie Rolls". Does she have a temp? Have you taken her temp yet?

Answering these questions will help everyone get a hint as to what might be the problem.

Hope we can help.

natbug

little girl ill

Ravens "poop" is normal, she has gotten her shots in may I have never taken the temperture of a dog no idea how! The heart worm meds I give her is heartgaurd does that kill intestinal worms?

M

Manchesters

Wow!

natbug said:
Ravens "poop" is normal, she has gotten her shots in may I have never taken the temperture of a dog no idea how! The heart worm meds I give her is heartgaurd does that kill intestinal worms?
That was quick, rofl.

It should tell you on the package of Heartguard. Taking the temp of a dog can be a very interesting experience. All it amounts to is coating a digital non-breakable thermometer up "where the sun don't shine" while holding onto the bucking dog, rofl. It does not hurt, and after a while they don't even mind it.

If her poop is normal and she is on the Heartguard, it could just be she loves grass...like some of mine do, and enjoys eating it. My dogs will sometimes throw it up, or even funnier is when it goes thru them and it caught coming out their little butts. They come running over to me, and show me their backsides so I can "remove" whatever is stuck, rofl. As bad as having kids!

Regards..........

natbug

Little girl ill

Thanks for the information. I will take her ttemp, what should a normal temp be for a dog is it the same for humans?

I checked out the other pictures of your dogs they are great, I haven't figured out to post a picture yet but will figure it out.

When the dogs need a little help with something they are not shy to ask, aven will run over and put her head between my legs if something is getting her or she has something that is bothering her as if she was saying help me help me fast.
Thanks again

You'd think my grrrrls were cows sometimes. They graze, particularly on clover and one specific type of grass that they particularly like. Sometimes things get a little interesting, lol! Kharma has learned to throw up on a newspaper when she's eaten too much grass.

If she is acting normally I'd keep an eye on her for the next 24 hours or so.

natbug

Thank you, for your reply.

It was pretty much grass what she threw up.

Raven is what I like to call a clean freak and since I get sick very easy when it comes to poop and throw up it works great.

She acted like she was gagging or something and came over to me the look on her face and the movement she was making I thought she was going to throw up on me but it seemed like she was holding it in. I took her out side and she rushed out to do just that.

She won't even get her balls if they land close to her poop.

M

Manchesters

Temp

natbug said:
Thanks for the information. I will take her ttemp, what should a normal temp be for a dog is it the same for humans?

I checked out the other pictures of your dogs they are great, I haven't figured out to post a picture yet but will figure it out.

When the dogs need a little help with something they are not shy to ask, aven will run over and put her head between my legs if something is getting her or she has something that is bothering her as if she was saying help me help me fast.
Thanks again
Normal is 100-101. 102 is a low grade fever, and 103 + IS a fever.

When I get some sleep, I can tell ya how to get the pictures into your signature and posts. First off, they must have a URL address...meaing be located on a website. I have my own domain, so I can put all my pictures there and just link to them. Wish I could just copy and paste them!!!! I may try that--but I know with my luck it won't work.

I think you can upload pictures to the gallery area we are all alotted on this website also. As I said, I will see what I can do after getting some sleep......LOTS of sleep, roflmbo.

One of the forums I visit has a thread about how to get pictures uploaded. Check and see if it is this one!

And DO let me know how you make out with them temp! It is an important skill for a dog owner to have. Often when you call the vet, it helps if you can give the dog's temp as well as other symptoms.

Take care now!!!!!!

M

Manchesters

Weak Stomach

natbug said:
Thank you, for your reply.

It was pretty much grass what she threw up.

Raven is what I like to call a clean freak and since I get sick very easy when it comes to poop and throw up it works great.

She acted like she was gagging or something and came over to me the look on her face and the movement she was making I thought she was going to throw up on me but it seemed like she was holding it in. I took her out side and she rushed out to do just that.

She won't even get her balls if they land close to her poop.
Then I won't mention the many breeds that are known for eating poop, rofl. Of course it generally does no harm, and helps with cleanup, LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

M

Manchesters

Most Dogs.

Renee750il said:
You'd think my grrrrls were cows sometimes. They graze, particularly on clover and one specific type of grass that they particularly like. Sometimes things get a little interesting, lol! Kharma has learned to throw up on a newspaper when she's eaten too much grass.

If she is acting normally I'd keep an eye on her for the next 24 hours or so.
Seem to like salad of some form. Except lettuce, unless it has salad dressing on it, lol. My infamous Dobe Misty would even eat raw onion. I didn't give it to her...just a smidgeon once or twice to see if she was still nuts enough to eat it. Often the little terrors will graze, and then spit it up all over the floor. I am sooooooooooooo glad I was able to get a wonderful vinyl rement for a vary reasonable price. I had it laid "furniture to furniture" with the carpet still underneath for padding. The little beasts can do any of their "nasties" and it doesn't harm anything, and I can just go ahead and tell them "it's OK...you're a good girl" so they don't get nervous that they did something wrong. Ya can't help when ya gotta let loose!!!!!

My first Terrier, Mickey, loved sauerkraut. I never saw another dog who would eat it until Buffy. These two are the same way. I've decided that Filas have adapted to eat just about anything that doesn't get a chance to eat them first - undoubtedly a survival skill as they were predominantly discovered in some of the poorest sections of Brazil.

natbug

This is very true if you got to go you got to go.

I was very lucky, I have hard wood so that to makes life easy.

Ravens potty training days was just number 1 in the house I only had one problem with 2 but only becuase I was in the shower and her whinning was heard just a little to late. She did try though she went right by the door. I just laughed, cryed a little as I cleaned up and threw up in the garbage.

with my own stomach problems when there is something nasty that needs to be cleaned up I do what has to be done but have a garbage can near by so that I can do what I can't stop

M

Manchesters

Yup!

bubbatd said:
NEVER give onion !!!! very toxic to dogs !
Onion causes Heinz body anemia (or is it Heinz bodIES anemia???)

But the teenie weenie bit I gave Misty about twice a year could hurt an 80 pound Dobe. She was the original Miss Piggy, lol. She would even eat tastes of turnips!!! Raw or cooked. And celery. If she could wrap her lips around it she would eat it!!!!

Members online